Paying off your mortgage....

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm aiming to be mortgage free by the time I'm 45. I'll be putting a canny wedge away in savings as I don't plan to be working full time past my mid 50's.

Aye I just think it was just cos the lads were single. They've ended up in their late 30s and have missed out on all the memories of nights out and holidays away with the lads and now they've got a shit load of disposable income, we've settled down and they don't have lasses as they never went out to meet one.

lucky kernts

Aye I just think it was just cos the lads were single. They've ended up in their late 30s and have missed out on all the memories of nights out and holidays away with the lads and now they've got a shit load of disposable income, we've settled down and they don't have lasses as they never went out to meet one.

They’ve got it made like, nee kids, nee nagging, kip paid off. If that’s the life you’ve built why on earth would you want a bewer messing with the program?!

I'm aiming to be mortgage free by the time I'm 45. I'll be putting a canny wedge away in savings as I don't plan to be working full time past my mid 50's.
I've just had a sensible moment, where I'm not gonna buy a sports car, and pay the mortgage off 4-5 years early.

I'm aiming at 55 ish to wrap in.

Mine is paid off but can't settle fully so maybe one up move left in me.

Which would mean another 300k mortgage.

I don't know if I can bring myself to have such a big lump for stamp duty etc.

It might have to wait and would mean moving further out.

We over pay ours to get it paid off quicker. Took a 30 year mortgage 2 years ago and just renewed for 21 years. Hoping to knock another few years off in 2 years time whem its time to renew again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back