Paying off your mortgage....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depending upon your circumstances it's more the 'weight off' rather than the money. About 10-12 years ago I went through a spell when I was in/out of work, at the same time we were being warned of the endowment shortfall predictions, so when I got a settled job we chose to downsize and get rid of the mortgage. It's only an ex council semi but it's ours and it's great going to work knowing that if you get finished you don't have to worry about how you're going to keep a roof over your family's head.

A monumental point in most people's lives I'd imagine, what do people do with this new found wealth?
More holidays, cut back on work, anything at all or just crack on as before?
Retire!

Another eight years to go, so not too bad, term time is up in November, got an appointment with the bank coming up to sort a new one, although not too bad at the moment sitting at around £320 a month, so could be worse.

Mines only £132 a month so not be doing that much with it. It's arnly 20 quid more a month than my sky bill

I worked with a noggie lad who at 20 years old bought a penthouse apartment in Stavanger, Norway, at the equivalent of around 600k. Worked 3 weeks overtime, every 4 weeks off for 3 years and paid it off.
Probably worth it in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back