Paying off your mortgage....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gutmackem

Striker
A monumental point in most people's lives I'd imagine, what do people do with this new found wealth?
More holidays, cut back on work, anything at all or just crack on as before?

Retire early and go on holiday more
Aye I just think it was just cos the lads were single. They've ended up in their late 30s and have missed out on all the memories of nights out and holidays away with the lads and now they've got a shit load of disposable income, we've settled down and they don't have lasses as they never went out to meet one.

Aye I just think it was just cos the lads were single. They've ended up in their late 30s and have missed out on all the memories of nights out and holidays away with the lads and now they've got a shit load of disposable income, we've settled down and they don't have lasses as they never went out to meet one.
:lol: The irony eh!

A monumental point in most people's lives I'd imagine, what do people do with this new found wealth?

we paid ours off a few years ago. had all intentions of putting what would have been payments aside but never did. haven't really noticed being better off but ours was only a couple of hundred a month.
it's nice to owe fuck all to anybody.
having said that we are seriously deliberating wether or not to buy a house in portugal which would mean ticking on a bit again. it makes sense but i hate being in debt.

you save more. it gives a tremendous freedom and it is very comforting to know that you will never go back to the stages of being so skint as when the children were so small. never want to be poor again.

Got just under 7 years left which will coincide with my oldest starting uni if that’s the route she takes.

Paid ours off years ago and kept the endowment going so pleased we paid it off as endowment matured last year with a 40% shortfall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back