Paul Hurst

I'd say a budget of around 0 is normal for League 1. The point is that they guy is used to finding players for buttons. The Transfermarkt stuff relates to the current season.

Yes, in a poor league. He's up against sides that have the resources to spend £14m on a striker in this league. It's a completely different prospect having to manage some of our egos compared to those at Shrewsbury.

How much money do you think Shrewsbury have? He'll have brought those players in for three sherbet dabs and a half sucked minty bullet.

Fair comment, but it avoids the issue of relativity...

Whilst he doubtless got hold of players for a song and pays them peanuts the sky money has corrupted the championship...

We, like villa, spent sh*tloads last year (as many here pointed out) which also resulted in further pprice and wage inflation for those playing at this level.

Mediocrity now costs a relative fortune...

Furthermore, I suspect that Hurst lacks the contact network to find the hidden jewels that can play at this level. If he isn't capable of finding them then it's back to some DoF to run the scouting and purchasing. With reference to one of your posts on another thread, SAFC can't afford anybody's learning curve.

Whilst he doubtless got hold of players for a song and pays them peanuts the sky money has corrupted the championship...

We, like villa, spent sh*tloads last year (as many here pointed out) which also resulted in further pprice and wage inflation for those playing at this level.

Furthermore, I suspect that Hurst lacks the contact network to find the hidden jewels that can play at this level. If he isn't capable of finding them then it's back to some DoF to run the scouting and purchasing. With reference to one of your posts on another thread, SAFC can't afford anybody's learning curve.

Agreed, my thoughts too.

Yes, in a poor league. He's up against sides that have the resources to spend £14m on a striker in this league. It's a completely different prospect having to manage some of our egos compared to those at Shrewsbury.

this is it in a nutshell - can he handle the old guard who have been there and control the coaches etc - Karanka wouldn't take their shit. Would be impressed if this guy did.

No i mean, were (you) really stating Grayson should have been allowed to continue?

I’m questioning the upside of the position we are in today. Based on what I saw on Sunday, it turns out it wasn’t Grayson who was ordering them to make basic defensive errors after all. Who’d have thought it?

I’m questioning the upside of the position we are in today. Based on what I saw on Sunday, it turns out it wasn’t Grayson who was ordering them to make basic defensive errors after all. Who’d have thought it?
Let the players do what they want then..

Simon had months of working with them from a lead managerial position. He was an utter failure.

You really don't want us to go down this route do you? Out of interest who do you want?

The thought of us having another Dof frightens the life out of me, why did you have to mention that?!

Last edited:

Back