Paul Hurst

Not really. He'd only just avoided relegation last season. It would have gone down as bad as the Grayson appointment.

He took over when they were going down, saved them from relegation and they are now sitting pretty at the top after being the bookies favorites for the drop, if it shows anything it's that he can turn a team around and get them playing.

While I agree about Karanka's pedigree, even if he accepted the job (which I don't think he would), I doubt he could or would work under the restrictions placed on him by Short (he walked out of Boro twice IIRC)

I'd take Karanka but don't think he'd come
Phillips may work with the right assistant (e.g. Pearson, NOT Reid)
Given those issues, Hurst is my favoured realistic choice (i.e. better than McCoist, McLeish, Smith, O'Shea, god forbid Redknapp)

Purely from what I've read, 442 with emphasis on organizing the defence
You have no idea what the issues were at boro that made him have a strop and neither do you have a clue at what restrictions short might impose.
Pure speculation aimed at bashing the club without a skerrick of fact or evidence

Did he not say he's the type of manager we should have appointed, not he's who we should have appointed?

:lol: It's basically the same thing ffs.

He took over when they were going down, saved them from relegation and they are now sitting pretty at the top after being the bookies favorites for the drop, if it shows anything it's that he can turn a team around and get them playing.

In a shit league. He also brought in 14 new players. He won't be able to do that here.

He took over in October btw. It wasn't the dramatic turnaround you make it out to be.

Unsure. They could have more resources than other teams in that league, it's all relative.

Their accounts for 2015/16 show a transfer spend of 0, and they are carrying nothing in terms of acquired contracts not written off in full, suggesting that they hadn't spent anything in recent years. they did have a share issue during 2016/17, so it's possible they might have spent some money. Transfermarkt shows 24 arrivals and 21 dpeartures this season, none of which appear to have fees. There are possibly some undisclosed figures for 5 of these, but the values ascribed by TM suggest a spend of no more than £200k.

Their accounts for 2015/16 show a transfer spend of 0, and they are carrying nothing in terms of acquired contracts not written off in full, suggesting that they hadn't spent anything in recent years. they did have a share issue during 2016/17, so it's possible they might have spent some money. Transfermarkt shows 24 arrivals and 21 dpeartures this season, none of which appear to have fees. There are possibly some undisclosed figures for 5 of these, but the values ascribed by TM suggest a spend of no more than £200k.

He joined them in October 16. Unsure how their spending/wage budget compares to other clubs in that league.

He joined them in October 16. Unsure how their spending/wage budget compares to other clubs in that league.

I'd say a budget of around 0 is normal for League 1. The point is that they guy is used to finding players for buttons. The Transfermarkt stuff relates to the current season.

Back