Patrick Bamford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah mate, but it was dirty Leeds in the 1970s - 40-50 years ago. They had their share of hooligans in the 80s as did everyone. Surely by now people need to have moved on from things that happened in the 70s.

stop being sensible .... I enjoy a bit of irrational tribalism 😜

Apparently this hero is the same Patrick Bamford Leeds fans have spent the last 3 years slagging off

His face will never fit. He's educated and humble, not a snarling, neanderthal thug. The Leeds fans will never take to someone like Bamford. He's just not their 'type'.

The same Frank Lampard who scored double figures in the league from midfield ten seasons in a row? That Frank Lampard?
I think Lampard had more shots than anyone else, especially as a youngster at West Ham. Therefore MoTD made it look like he was popping them in from all ower, when in reality he was missing loads too.

Yeah mate, but it was dirty Leeds in the 1970s - 40-50 years ago. They had their share of hooligans in the 80s as did everyone. Surely by now people need to have moved on from things that happened in the 70s.
I hate the Mags - always want them to lose.
Obviously I always want SAFC to win.
anything else is up for grabs imo and - like the television schedules - "subject to change"
My aim with football when it doesn't involve us - is to enjoy it pure and simple. It's supposed to be entertainment not a depressing, grudge-ridden chore.

Those last two goals were absolutely brilliant. The third one is one of the best goals I've seen for ages.

The third one is phenomenal, the way he moves like that with 4 players around him, wonderful close control to get it onto his favoured foot and to curl it like that was sublime but to get such power with little back lift was an extra level of class.

The second one went in with a kiss off the crossbar though so they're probably about even.

Yep, I’m not arsed and the Leeds fans I know have nothing but respect for us.

Two superb goals, and it's hard to see Leeds not having a decent season. Six in six is hard to argue with as well.

Apparently he turned down a business scholarship at Harvard University to play football in England. If that proves the right choice due to toil and graft then fair play to him.

Love watching Leeds style of football.
On the Counter, first touch passing they are impressive,

Other than Spurs at Man United, I thought that was the best team performance I've seen from a Premier League side so far this season. If it had ended 6 or 7-0 it wouldn't have flattered Leeds in the slightest, they were superb.

I think Lampard had more shots than anyone else, especially as a youngster at West Ham. Therefore MoTD made it look like he was popping them in from all ower, when in reality he was missing loads too.

I mean, he is Chelsea’s all time top scorer. I’d suggest he was canny.

He's always been a very good finisher, or should that be he's always been a finisher of very good goals? Remember him scoring against us for Boro in the Championship season and he was very light on his feet. Lack of consistency is is problem - possible he won't score another PL goal until Jan

He was popping them in from all over :confused:

I didn't watch the match last night, and just read he scored a hat-trick.
That's a few goals now for him in the premier league (checks BBC website - 6 goals in 6 games).

He's a bit of journeyman and also now 27 years old, I thought he was a lot younger.

Is he any good?

I ask because at Boro he did very little in terms of scoring goals, just a dozen. Is he a better player than his stats show, or has he just found the right manager in the right system and all other managers were not playing to his strengths?
He always reminded me of Connah Wikkum ... a kid who seemed to be too shy or timid to be a centre-forward, despite having the physical build and technical ability he didn't appear to have any aggression.

I remember several years ago we played MK Dons In the league cup at SOL.
There was a young blonde kid on loan to the the Dons he was very good, we all noticed him and it was Bamford.
For whatever reason managers just don’t seem to have been able to consistently get the best out of him until Bielsa.
The ability was always there though.

Seemed to be able to do it in the Championship, but then stepped up with struggling teams or teams who didn't really play football. Always had the technical ability.
He always reminded me of Connah Wikkum ... a kid who seemed to be too shy or timid to be a centre-forward, despite having the physical build and technical ability he didn't appear to have any aggression.

Jon Stead would be my comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back