Patrick Bamford

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hate the Mags - always want them to lose.
Obviously I always want SAFC to win.
anything else is up for grabs imo and - like the television schedules - "subject to change"
My aim with football when it doesn't involve us - is to enjoy it pure and simple. It's supposed to be entertainment not a depressing, grudge-ridden chore.
Same here. Always hate seeing the mags win, especially when they do their counter attack style.. sickens me if I'm honest 😀.

I just can't get on board with hating a team and it's fans for their reputation 40-50 years ago - it's mad.

He was excellent at Boro. Brilliant during his first stint with us under Karanka when he was voted Championship player of the season, and brilliant during his second stint when he was actually given a run in the side as our no 9, and his goals got us into the play-offs. Then, that summer Pulis decided it would be a good idea to sell him to Leeds and replace him with Jordan Hugill. The rest is history.

I quite like him, but he's playing under a world class coach at the head of a team playing excellent football who must think they're unstoppable right now.

It probably helps having no fans, too; he strikes me as the kind of player who may not thrive under the pressure of an expectant crowd.

Also, what the hell were the defenders playing at for the third goal??

I didn't watch the match last night, and just read he scored a hat-trick.
That's a few goals now for him in the premier league (checks BBC website - 6 goals in 6 games).

He's a bit of journeyman and also now 27 years old, I thought he was a lot younger.

Is he any good?

I ask because at Boro he did very little in terms of scoring goals, just a dozen. Is he a better player than his stats show, or has he just found the right manager in the right system and all other managers were not playing to his strengths?
His control of a football is impeccable

I work with a Leeds fan who would have been very happy to get rid of Bamford right up to this summer. A couple of lovely finishes last night but he missed a couple of good chances before his first. And that's why my mate doesn't like him, he misses a lot of chances, he's not clinical, although you would think otherwise if you just saw last night's finishes.

The same as a few Leeds fans I know.

The 2nd and 3rd goals were fantastic. Bamford always seemed like on of them who could be great in the Championship but not good enough for the Prem, but Bielsa seems to have got him past that. He's an important part of the work that team put in to the point that 10 goals this season would have been a more than acceptable return.

Bielsa is an absolute genius.
Have to agree.
He was always Ok for Boro, especially in the championship in his season on loan, but i always thought he'd be too 'light weight' for the premier league.

Proving me (and a lot of others) wrong, up to now.
I agree that a lot of that has to be down to Bielsa.

Lick my ring
That's shite
I didn't watch the match last night, and just read he scored a hat-trick.
That's a few goals now for him in the premier league (checks BBC website - 6 goals in 6 games).

He's a bit of journeyman and also now 27 years old, I thought he was a lot younger.

Is he any good?

I ask because at Boro he did very little in terms of scoring goals, just a dozen. Is he a better player than his stats show, or has he just found the right manager in the right system and all other managers were not playing to his strengths?
Hatrick bamford

Last edited:
Yeah mate, but it was dirty Leeds in the 1970s - 40-50 years ago. They had their share of hooligans in the 80s as did everyone. Surely by now people need to have moved on from things that happened in the 70s.
Nivver.
They had a lot more than ‘their share’ of hooligans
I watched hundreds of en Ziegler’s hailing behind the goal. Fuck em.

Last edited:
I quite liked him when he was at our place. Bit classy and a little unpredictable. However the prevailing opinion was he was a slow soft piece of shit who wouldnt put a decent shift in. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back