Patio Costs

Just been quoted £6k to supply and fit 45m2 in our garden. There’s already about 32m2 that is patio. £2450 for Labour if we supply the materials. Looks like I’ll be doing it myself.

Just been quoted £6k to supply and fit 45m2 in our garden. There’s already about 32m2 that is patio. £2450 for Labour if we supply the materials. Looks like I’ll be doing it myself.
18 months to reply.. good luck with patio I always do own hard graft but worth the effort

Haway then Wilf, what paving have you chosen for that?

Haway then Wilf, what paving have you chosen for that?
The stuff that was mentioned to them was about £30-£35 m2. So that’s about £100 m2 on top for other materials and Labour. Seems excessive to me. They won’t be getting the job that’s for sure.

The stuff that was mentioned to them was about £30-£35 m2. So that’s about £100 m2 on top for other materials and Labour. Seems excessive to me. They won’t be getting the job that’s for sure.
Some graft and gear involved Mind if it’s to be done properly.I get the feeling you’ll regret starting it.

I still think £100 m2 on top of the paving is over the top mind. Like I say, about 2/3 of the area we want doing is already patio.
Week and a bits graft for 2 lads.
Grab wagon of shite away

You’ll get likes on here from no-alls who reckon everything is easy but you’ll regret starting it especially if your not used to hard physical work.By all means get another quote but to tackle it yourself on your own on a weekend etc this time of year is daft.

Grab wagon of shite away

You’ll get likes on here from no-alls who reckon everything is easy but you’ll regret starting it especially if your not used to hard physical work.By all means get another quote but to tackle it yourself on your own on a weekend etc this time of year is daft.
I will be getting another quote tbh. Another option is to rip current patio up and deck it with composite decking instead. I can control the costs a lot better with that.

Grab wagon of shite away

I stripped my lawn 20/10 m with a turf lifter rotivated it levelled it off and relayed the same turf and must admit it nearly f***ing killed me couldn’t walk for a week gillys right pay someone to do it

I will be getting another quote tbh. Another option is to rip current patio up and deck it with composite decking instead. I can control the costs a lot better with that.
I’d Gan with the Porcelain flags mate decking is cack.
I stripped my lawn 20/10 m with a turf lifter rotivated it levelled it off and relayed the same turf and must admit it nearly f***ing killed me couldn’t walk for a week gillys right pay someone to do it
You’ve got to be fit as a lop mate.It’s a different type of fitness to gym ,cycling,running,weights etc.It’s hard like.

Last edited:
I’d Gan with the flags mate decking is cack.

You’ve got to be fit as a lop mate.It’s a different type of fitness to gym ,cycling,running,weights etc.It’s hard like.
I’ll lift some of the flags at the weekend and see what’s underneath. Oh and I’ll be getting another quote.

A lot of companies rip you off as you're paying a premium for the labour. £6,000 sounds far too much for that size of patio and it sounds like they're lying to you how much the supplies cost, (of course depends what materials you're using).

I did landscape gardening on the side so I know the prices and tricks they use.

Back