Parkinson slams the salary cap and the other L1 clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good for him.

I think it ridiculous that we should not be allowed to take on a better standard of player because of the salary cap. There are 30000 people who want this against Accringtons 2500. It’s a blatant denial of our human rights.

I think it ridiculous that we should not be allowed to take on a better standard of player because of the salary cap. There are 30000 people who want this against Accringtons 2500. It’s a blatant denial of our human rights.

Firstly, you've exaggerated Accrington's crowd. Secondly, you've reduced our crowd. Thirdly, you're spot on. The whole point is that sides in whatever league should reach whatever league by good management, good recruitment, good youth policy and having the finance to move up a division. As it stands, Leagues 1 and 2 are distancing themselves from the Premier League and Championship.

Firstly, you've exaggerated Accrington's crowd. Secondly, you've reduced our crowd. Thirdly, you're spot on. The whole point is that sides in whatever league should reach whatever league by good management, good recruitment, good youth policy and having the finance to move up a division. As it stands, Leagues 1 and 2 are distancing themselves from the Premier League and Championship.

Thanks mate

I’m hoping we can do enough to get out of this division, but with the cap and our crowds we are likely to make a big profit. Hopefully that will be used for a big restructure in the Championship.

If we fail to go up and run at a large profit, then it puts a clear message to the league, look how much money we made, but you prevent us spending it, keeping us locked in this league. It would be a massive statement towards changing things.

There's a shock. Clubs voting for self interest.

One course of action would be for Sunderland fans, as well as the others who voted against it, to not bother (when we're allowed back in grounds) going to the away games who were in favour of it.

They want to block finances available to us? Fuck it, they can have a taste of their own medicine.

Peterboro chairman on SSN saying it was a good thing and needed. Suprised at that, thought he'd be wanting to splash the cash. I think we should just fuck it off pay what we want and gamble on getting promoted. There are no points deductions only a fine. Imagine if we don't bring players in now because of it then the PFA win the case and it's scrapped. We could have brought players in.

Give me something more than that... I know you're right. There are very few clubs in leagues 1 and 2 who think they can be top flight, hence the vote to distance themselves from the top 2 divisions. A lot of clubs in league 1 and 2 have found that going up a division kills them, it's not the case for us, Ipswich, Portsmouth...

ok mate, how about there are more of us than them therefore more people to please. They can’t dictate that 30000 plus of us should watch the same standard of shite that 2000 Accrington fans watch. Human rights, get the EU on it.. oh wait

Good for him.
He is spot on
Peterboro chairman on SSN saying it was a good thing and needed. Suprised at that, thought he'd be wanting to splash the cash. I think we should just fuck it off pay what we want and gamble on getting promoted. There are no points deductions only a fine. Imagine if we don't bring players in now because of it then the PFA win the case and it's scrapped. We could have brought players in.
He was trying to negotiate amendments based on transfer fees which would have benefited mainly Peterborough If Toney goes for big money.

Last edited:
@Grumpy Old Man
Deferring to someone sensible, what would be your take re: abide by disputed salary cap rules vs ignore disputed salary cap rules?

Are we right to be sticking to the debated rules, having seen City persevere so recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back