Parkinson replacements

I would have thought if we are getting a new owner(s) who's got links to French football we might get a french/ foreign manager coming in..

Backroom staff wages don't count do they?

The post I was responding to seemed to refer to transfer spend. Anyone commanding a big fee would almost certainly be on wages we couldn't afford under the salary cap. While that constraint is in place, being smart is the most important thing.
Why because of salary cap ? Does it apply to manager and staff or because clubs skint, young man coming in is not short of a bob or two,

Because of the cap. Theoretically, you can spend as much as you like on transfers, so long as whoever you buy will play for around £2k/week. That's where the disconnect is.

Last edited:
He was annoyed that Short didn't come up from London, but the drink stuff is untrue Bob, and you know it.
I know it is true, and it was in the hotel at the entrance to the airport. both Ally and Walter had been drinking before Derek got there.
They could not even get Short on the phone to discuss 2 or 3 items, he asked about.

I know it is true, and it was in the hotel at the entrance to the airport. both Ally and Walter had been drinking before Derek got there.
They could not even get Short on the phone to discuss 2 or 3 items, he asked about.
They both had a beer when he got there yes. They weren't pissed as you claim. You're making stuff up again to appear itk after the farce of a performance you've put in over the takeover over the last two months. I know you won't admit it, so this will be my last word on the subject of the airport meeting. I bet it won't be yours though.

People are forgetting Parkinson has 18 months left on his deal, no way the current crop are pulling the trigger the Lack of fans in ground piling the pressure on doesn’t slows things up either.
only way he’s going is if/when takeover goes through or the new owners fund his sacking now, knowing they are definitely taking over.
I think he’ll be here at least another month regardless of results

They both had a beer when he got there yes. They weren't pissed as you claim. You're making stuff up again to appear itk after the farce of a performance you've put in over the takeover over the last two months. I know you won't admit it, so this will be my last word on the subject of the airport meeting. I bet it won't be yours though.
tell me where you think your info came from.
Oh and i do not claim anything

People are forgetting Parkinson has 18 months left on his deal, no way the current crop are pulling the trigger the Lack of fans in ground piling the pressure on doesn’t slows things up either.
only way he’s going is if/when takeover goes through or the new owners fund his sacking now, knowing they are definitely taking over.
I think he’ll be here at least another month regardless of results
While I think you are correct you have to remember that Sartori is already here. He is, by all accounts, a wealthy man and clearly wants a bigger say. Parkinson is Donald's man and maybe, just maybe, Sartori may see, as we do, Parkinson as a major obstacle to what he wants to achieve.

While I think you are correct you have to remember that Sartori is already here. He is, by all accounts, a wealthy man and clearly wants a bigger say. Parkinson is Donald's man and maybe, just maybe, Sartori may see, as we do, Parkinson as a major obstacle to what he wants to achieve.
It would be money well spent too.

WHoever comes in needs the right philosophy. WHich is to attack teams and try to win. It doesn’t have to be beautiful football, but attacking football. Also, whoever the manager is needs a good relationship with a good sporting director or director of football to bring the best players possible to us for once.

Yeah hopefully mate. I’ve tried to be positive with Parkinson while he was getting results, plain to see though it looks destined to fail as things stand, style of play, players recruited, Fan opinion etc. A new takeover needs fresh with everything, no more Danny Graham type signings, a clear plan on Bringing youth through, with a manager with clear style of play who we can build with.
Poyet becomes more appealing to me by the day

Will the current owners Donald, Sartori and Methven have a shareholding of 51% or more between them do people think?
If so then they are still going to have the final say in all major decisions.
This new scenario must be something different and new to move SAFC forward.

Back