Parkinson replacements

The post I was responding to seemed to refer to transfer spend. Anyone commanding a big fee would almost certainly be on wages we couldn't afford under the salary cap. While that constraint is in place, being smart is the most important thing.

Because of the cap. Theoretically, you can spend as much as you like on transfers, so long as whoever you buy will play for around £2k/week. That's where the disconnect is.
Could the rules be circumvented by paying generous signing on fees in addition to the capped wages? It seems too simple a solution, so I'm guessing not.

Anyone know how well Craig Gardner did last season when he was joint caretaker manager at Birmingham?

Clutching at straws here as he’s just left them :lol:

Someone on 606 saying poyet's son has been liking some interesting tweets on Twitter. I'm not on it so if someone could do the honors I'd be grateful

Definitely can see this happening with the Uruguayan connection 🇺🇾

I was as that infamous cup game at Bradford and Gus took a pasting off the away following that day, although he'll definitely be the man to build the club back up with the right ethos.

Surprised people want Poyet, his football was boring too. A different kind of boring, but boring all the same. We passed it from side to side then back again, a little foward then a little back, then back to the other side.

Surprised people want Poyet, his football was boring too. A different kind of boring, but boring all the same. We passed it from side to side then back again, a little foward then a little back, then back to the other side.

We did, but it was very good away from home, kept us in lots of games, he never really kicked on at home like

I dont think some realise how much of an unreal appointment he would be

we are 7th in league one, no other club could even think about appointing him

not like it would ever happen

Also, the majority of managers end up getting sacked, there is no end game for clubs outside the elite, just enjoy the good times when they are here, and he deliverd some good ones
Someone on 606 saying poyet's son has been liking some interesting tweets on Twitter. I'm not on it so if someone could do the honors I'd be grateful

It was just happy birthday messages like to his dad, wouldnt read to much into it like

Last edited:
I honestly dont get the clamour for out of work managers who have been out of work for some time. Go and get a manager still in a job who is doing well. Somebody on the rise.

Lots of the managers supposedly in consideration are presently unemployed:
Poyet, Cook, Pearson, Cowley brothers etc - I still think it won’t be anyone linked this early.

Back