Park Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

I might have a dodge through the Durham park run this weekend. Whats it like for parking, is it normally ok?

Am I right in thinking once you have registered for one run you have registered for them all?

I might have a dodge through the Durham park run this weekend. Whats it like for parking, is it normally ok?

Am I right in thinking once you have registered for one run you have registered for them all?
yeh parkings fine around 8.30
your barcode works at any run
ive been told durham wont be on this wkend (was canceld wkend just gone) cos a murder happend

A lass won the Sunderland one this week and it wasn't even her PB.:eek:
Like shit off a stick.
She went for a run afterwards and was still sprinting.

That's Aly Dixon mate, often see her out running on my way into work, sometimes has a pacemaker on a bike !! she goes some speed mind. I'm out of action at moment (just incase hadn't heard :lol:) and was out with the dog early sat morning and she went running past then, that was a good hour BEFORE the park run :eek:, some athlete eh

That's Aly Dixon mate, often see her out running on my way into work, sometimes has a pacemaker on a bike !! she goes some speed mind. I'm out of action at moment (just incase hadn't heard :lol:) and was out with the dog early sat morning and she went running past then, that was a good hour BEFORE the park run :eek:, some athlete eh
My mate came third and he was at least a minute behind her, said he couldn't get anywhere near her. I often see people who've finished the park run going past me in the opposite direction before I've finished but I've never see anybody shift like her.
On a totally unrelated note, were you in the same metro carriage as those drama students last night? I'm not a violent man but I could have quite happily stabbed them.:lol:

A lass won the Sunderland one this week and it wasn't even her PB.:eek:
Like shit off a stick.
She went for a run afterwards and was still sprinting.

i she was shifting her like, she ran past me after she had finished and i was heading down the long straight to the finish bank and she was still shifiting, she does not push a buggy around the course like me though so im taking the moral victory...... one off the volunters told me she does the marathon in 2hrs 32mins she must just sprint everywere. its nice to see the speed of the people at the front i broke 20mins for the 1st time this year and fancy concentrating on 10 and 5ks next year to see if i can get close to 19 and 40 mins and i think the park runs offer a good chance when you chase people who are running 17-19minute 5ks.

i she was shifting her like, she ran past me after she had finished and i was heading down the long straight to the finish bank and she was still shifiting, she does not push a buggy around the course like me though so im taking the moral victory...... one off the volunters told me she does the marathon in 2hrs 32mins she must just sprint everywere. its nice to see the speed of the people at the front i broke 20mins for the 1st time this year and fancy concentrating on 10 and 5ks next year to see if i can get close to 19 and 40 mins and i think the park runs offer a good chance when you chase people who are running 17-19minute 5ks.
I think you overtook me.:lol:

I think you overtook me.:lol:

mind there was a fella pushing a double buggy who was over taking people but i run at misses pace so we dont do much over taking, not doing a park run this week as the other half is running 5k down quayside which i think is part of gnr weekend, so i will be back in 2 weeks time, only started park runs 6 weeks ago but i think they are a great idea and i love seeing the people who struggle around as much as i do the fast people who run it to win, a run for everyone and very enjoyable

Fastest UK woman over 5k this year if I remember rightly.....Not so long ago she was out on a training run, ran nearly 20 miles to the start of a 10k race, won the 10k race before pottering off home. :eek:

parking is easy mate, its right next to the puma sports centre which has a car park, also sainsburys is just down the road (5min walk max) with car park

mind there was a fella pushing a double buggy who was over taking people but i run at misses pace so we dont do much over taking, not doing a park run this week as the other half is running 5k down quayside which i think is part of gnr weekend, so i will be back in 2 weeks time, only started park runs 6 weeks ago but i think they are a great idea and i love seeing the people who struggle around as much as i do the fast people who run it to win, a run for everyone and very enjoyable

That fella pushing the double buggy is always there, must have the best behaved set of twins i've ever seen, he's been running with them in the buggy since they were practically newborn and there are always fast asleep! Wouldnt fancy pushing them up hill at the end!

Did a few laps round Danson Park yesterday, just next to Welling United FC's ground.

theres a fella runs the durham one with a buggy and i overheard some lady asking him if the bairn enjoys it
apparentlly the bba sings for the first lap then falls asleep :D

That fella pushing the double buggy is always there, must have the best behaved set of twins i've ever seen, he's been running with them in the buggy since they were practically newborn and there are always fast asleep! Wouldnt fancy pushing them up hill at the end!
aye he's called Neil, canny enough lad, mind you the twins are no longer babies, I'm sure he forces them t get into the buggy now !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back