Park Lane Roundabout

the sign post tells you what lane to be in ,it's even painted on the rd ..t'stall is for third exit, i got honked at a few months ago by a driving instructor using left lane for tunstall ffs

Why can’t anyone use this roundabout correctly? I either have a near miss myself or witness one every time I use it.

Was heading along St Michaels earlier heading up onto Tunstall Rd. in the right lane, filtering over into the middle and I get blasted by a Black Audi (of course) who was in the left lane. Left lane is into Vine Place and Stockton Road not Tunstall Road and even up Durham Road like some people think.

Needs all new paint down or ripped up entirely.

Or we can share a few braincells out to our fellow drivers who are desperately in need.

Anyways, I saw him offering me out for a fight in my rear view mirror. I declined.
We used to drink in the bar on the corner daytime and that used to literally sit outside and watch crashes all day

Been awful on there in recent days with the council gardening the centre of the carriageway. Clogs the road up backing onto the roundabout making it even worse than usual.
Its a nightmare when they have a lane closed off, they really should have it closed on the bridge so then you dont have 2 lanes coming over into 1 who then stop the busses coming down from the church as it just causes everyone else to wait and miss the green light. Also need a lot more yellow boxes on that roundabout tbh or just repainted.

I had some lorry driver who tried to cut in from the left hand lend to go towards Pizzarama wave his fist at me last week. Most amusing it was.

it is and always has been a bad roundabout and together with bad drivers, it can be a nightmare.

basic highway code. do not use left hand lane to turn right, as some people try to do.

It just needs some dotted lines painting to show which lanes goes where...may stop the rage but not the lane swapping.

But you're right dig it up and start again.

Why can’t anyone use this roundabout correctly? I either have a near miss myself or witness one every time I use it.

Was heading along St Michaels earlier heading up onto Tunstall Rd. in the right lane, filtering over into the middle and I get blasted by a Black Audi (of course) who was in the left lane. Left lane is into Vine Place and Stockton Road not Tunstall Road and even up Durham Road like some people think.

Needs all new paint down or ripped up entirely.

Or we can share a few braincells out to our fellow drivers who are desperately in need.

Anyways, I saw him offering me out for a fight in my rear view mirror. I declined.
The problem being St Michael's and Tunstall are straight ahead with two exits in between. Common problem on 5 way roundabouts, even more so on mini roundabouts

He’s the Geordie in charge of security at Sunderland who was blamed for the Newcastle fan carry on and other things.

Just wanted to lay blame for the roundabout on him too.

What would the official name of the roundabout be?

Kamikaze Circular?

:lol: cheers didn't know that,
unfortunately I know more about it than I care to tell on here, we called it the Magic roundabout for obvious reasons.

Exactly my feelings. Left lane turn left or straight on, not the third exit. There is a lane sign a bit back from the roundabout but he would be too busy staying within 30 cms of the car in front to see that.
I think that’s part of the problem , the tunstall exit is straight ahead

I do the right then move over to middle lane but my husband always says I’m in the wrong lane and should be in left lane - I guess the key is be considerate of other drivers regardless of which one you use

I avoid it like the plague, would rather go up Chester Road or round the bottom end of the town via Hendon. It's a f**king abysmal design. Whoever designs these and thinks they are the answer needs sacking. Only time I ever use it is if I'm coming along Durham Road and turning left.

It's sometimes just pot luck whether you can get into the correct lane once you're on the roundabout. All of the buses going towards park lane messes everything up as well.

Back