Park Lane Roundabout

Why can’t anyone use this roundabout correctly? I either have a near miss myself or witness one every time I use it.

Was heading along St Michaels earlier heading up onto Tunstall Rd. in the right lane, filtering over into the middle and I get blasted by a Black Audi (of course) who was in the left lane. Left lane is into Vine Place and Stockton Road not Tunstall Road and even up Durham Road like some people think.

Needs all new paint down or ripped up entirely.

Or we can share a few braincells out to our fellow drivers who are desperately in need.

Anyways, I saw him offering me out for a fight in my rear view mirror. I declined.

Why can’t anyone use this roundabout correctly? I either have a near miss myself or witness one every time I use it.

Was heading along St Michaels earlier heading up onto Tunstall Rd. in the right lane, filtering over into the middle and I get blasted by a Black Audi (of course) who was in the left lane. Left lane is into Vine Place and Stockton Road not Tunstall Road and even up Durham Road like some people think.

Or we can share a few braincells out to our fellow drivers who are desperately in need.

Anyways, I saw him offering me out for a fight in my rear view mirror. I declined.
No idea, Blot Outdoors is camping on it?

Exactly my feelings. Left lane turn left or straight on, not the third exit. There is a lane sign a bit back from the roundabout but he would be too busy staying within 30 cms of the car in front to see that.

It's terrible, for some reason when next to the interchange people use the left lane for the third exit and cut people up. It desperately needs those spiral lane guides
I don’t understand how theres so few accidents on it. It baffles me. Near misses galore, red light jumps and horns blaring all the time, yet very rarely contact.

I assume most people are half expecting the dozy twats to cut you up so are prepared to brake already.

Absolutely correct, the amount of people who don't know that is massive.
As @bobster999 says needs those hand holding lane guides - don't know what they'll do with 3 into 2 lanes, maybe they'll realise that doesn't work.
Whole roundabout needs to be simpler, as you need a cartography degree to work out how to get through unscathed. Wouldn't like to be a first timer approaching from Durham Road for instance.

No reason for it to have that many lanes, and I'd question whether it even needs the amount of entries that it does too - could easily take out the one that goes up to the car park and open up the link onto Durham Road for that traffic in both directions (believe its one way atm). And if you get caught at the red, it takes about 6 hours to get around to green again.

Yep. I drive this twice a day every day and the amount of people doing exactly as you describe is mental. Can't believe there's not more accidents on it.

Car in the left hand lane in front of me yesterday even went past the Tunstall Road exit and left towards Eden Vale. :lol:

Yep. I drive this twice a day every day and the amount of people doing exactly as you describe is mental. Can't believe there's not more accidents on it.

Car in the left hand lane in front of me yesterday even went past the Tunstall Road exit and left towards Eden Vale. :lol:
Unbelievable :lol: I can accept mistakes happen, but cases like that one is just pure cuntery.

Exactly my feelings. Left lane turn left or straight on, not the third exit. There is a lane sign a bit back from the roundabout but he would be too busy staying within 30 cms of the car in front to see that.
This is correct. You always get some numpty who tries to cut in from the left hand lane, usually an Audi to be fair.

If it’s the one I’m thinking of, it’s a shit roundabout.

Just have the spiral lines for the roundabout and it’ll make it so much simpler.

Sure was told the lad who designed this at the council was from Newcastle and prob didn't care less. Two into three, three into two, lights in front of you green but they are not your lights, it's the other lights in front of you on red you need to look at. Prob not many big accidents as everyone slows right down as haven't a clue, but bet loads of dings.

Sure was told the lad who designed this at the council was from Newcastle and prob didn't care less. Two into three, three into two, lights in front of you green but they are not your lights, it's the other lights in front of you on red you need to look at. Prob not many big accidents as everyone slows right down as haven't a clue, but bet loads of dings.
Was Steve Davison

Back