Panic Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s all well to criticise but no evidence the intent of most of them is to panic buy, they might simply need shopping.

The vast majority on here will also need to go get things this weekend and have to join queues. I don’t get the high and mighty.

If they were leaving with ridiculously full trolleys fair enough but they are queuing to get in.
The evidence is the empty shelves.
Really naive to think they're all just regular shoppers.

It appears that years of being told how special we brits are has made some of us feel entitled and less inclined to see the problems of others. All those who posted on here about how we’re british and we can survive anything, bulldog breed, blitz spirit etc. should look at how many who believed that and voted accordingly are now behaving and consider the future of our country. We’re not better than our continental neighbours and the much mocked Italians are currently showing us how decent people behave in a crisis. I hope things improve because we aren’t currently living up to our own expectations.

People need to be controlled at these critical times, it no good expecting the public to be fair, they ain’t.
On the other hand people do go to the shops a few times a week, pick up items for that day and maybe the next.
Now they are being asked to shop for a longer period, which has impacted on stocks also.
Limiting items or £ spends should have been introduced earlier and must be sorted ASAP.

They tried it with pubs and were ignored, plenty food and bog rolls out there, just need to share it around.
Unique times require unique rules, not ideal but people can’t be trusted to be fair.

I was panic buying beer yesterday minutes after BoJo announced pubs were to be shut down. 🍻 All I need now is a gun to defend my beer lake. :D

It appears that years of being told how special we brits are has made some of us feel entitled and less inclined to see the problems of others. All those who posted on here about how we’re british and we can survive anything, bulldog breed, blitz spirit etc. should look at how many who believed that and voted accordingly are now behaving and consider the future of our country. We’re not better than our continental neighbours and the much mocked Italians are currently showing us how decent people behave in a crisis. I hope things improve because we aren’t currently living up to our own expectations.

There seems to be an opinion on here that allowing people to only use baskets would be a good idea; people would be forced to make choices about what they class as necessities and would stop to some extent the idiots bulk buying. I was in the local co-op last night and there was plenty of food - if people would stop being idiots it would make life so much better. A lot of stuff only has a limited life anyway so some people must be buying stuff and then throwing it away when it goes off which is criminal in the current situation where food banks are struggling. Just up to Tesco, Asda et al to listen to the posters on here.

Last edited:
Nowhere near as bad today as it has been thanks to shops finally limiting entry and item purchase.

Got all my shopping done at Lidl, Co-Op and Tesco. There's even pasta and rice starting to reappear on shelves.

With it being Saturday maybes those in the queue have now the first opportunity to get to the shops after working all week, and if they don’t get in early there’s a chance there will be fuck all left!

We really need to have a serious word with ourselves mind, there’s a total disregard for others in our society. It’s all self self self, and fuck everyone else!
Nowhere near as bad today as it has been thanks to shops finally limiting entry and item purchase.

Got all my shopping done at Lidl, Co-Op and Tesco. There's even pasta and rice starting to reappear on shelves.
There better be f***ing bagels!!!

nee **** buys bagels normally, but now it appears every **** has a taste for them!!!

Last edited:
Been to Sainsbury down the Valley, was ok. Announcements saying everything limited to 3 each apart from bog roll, cold and cough stuff, UHT milk which is 2. All well and good if they had any of them items.
Saw at least 3 people coughing without covering their gobs, so it wasn't all bad :cry:

Been to Sainsbury down the Valley, was ok. Announcements saying everything limited to 3 each apart from bog roll, cold and cough stuff, UHT milk which is 2. All well and good if they had any of them items.
Saw at least 3 people coughing without covering their gobs, so it wasn't all bad :cry:

The amount of coughers I see who do that...they’d be first in line to be shipped off to quarantine island

Legally enforcible rationing is the only way to stop the selfish t**ts.Only 2 of anything allowed, people with family to buy for, some discretion allowed within reason.
Which is when the reality hits home. A crisis like this or a major war was always going to happen at some point. We’ve had it very easy for the past 60 years or so. Crassly irresponsible and selfish in this day and age to have large families. No need for it.

Durham Arnison Centre this morning was exactly the same. Huge queues outside M&S and like Christmas Eve morning at Sainsbury’s.

Blokes jostling for slabs of lager!

Utter madness.

At this rate if the government really want to clamp down on social gatherings the supermarkets should be next. Not sure how they’d do it but it’s farcical closing cafes and then having hundreds of people in close proximity jostling with each other for the last few cans of beer / loaf of bread.
Must be deliveries only. Amounts can then be controlled as well.

Pics?
Which is when the reality hits home. A crisis like this or a major war was always going to happen at some point. We’ve had it very easy for the past 60 years or so. Crassly irresponsible and selfish in this day and age to have large families. No need for it.
Indeed. Now not everything is handed to them on a plate it may focus their minds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back