Panic Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m gonna try and use the smaller shops, only when I need it though, I’ve mountains still in the freezer pre virus.
This panic buying won’t stop till supermarkets ration the food.
Drink will be flying out now

We have become the most f***ing selfish stupid f***ing country, what the fuck is going on???
People keep going on about surviving the war and the like by getting on with it, but the two can't be compared. During the war people looked out for each other, in this situation people are just looking after number one - continuing to go out for drinks, panic buying, and so on. Our culture has changed drastically since back then, for the worse.

A report on the news said that despite everything, Italians weren't panic buying and there were no shortages.
Absolutely shameful that it's happening here.

supermarkets are letting it happen, however I don’t envy how they police it.i couldn’t thinkof anything worse than going to one today, it will be f***ing manic.

fights all ower

supermarkets are letting it happen, however I don’t envy how they police it.i couldn’t thinkof anything worse than going to one today, it will be f***ing manic.

fights all ower
I know supermarkets are hiring more people.
Some of them will have to be security to keep these arseholes in line.

fights all ower

Wait until someone elderly collapses in a supermarket. The greedy ***** will have blood on their hands

People keep going on about surviving the war and the like by getting on with it, but the two can't be compared. During the war people looked out for each other, in this situation people are just looking after number one - continuing to go out for drinks, panic buying, and so on. Our culture has changed drastically since back then, for the worse.
There were plenty of spivs around during the war, there was even looting during the blitz.

It’s all well to criticise but no evidence the intent of most of them is to panic buy, they might simply need shopping.

The vast majority on here will also need to go get things this weekend and have to join queues. I don’t get the high and mighty.

If they were leaving with ridiculously full trolleys fair enough but they are queuing to get in.

The problem is, there's also going to be people going who genuinely just need a weeks shop and are scared they won't be able to get what they need. This then contributes to situations like this, as the panic buyers make the non-selfish shoppers 'panic' too..
It’s all well to criticise but no evidence the intent of most of them is to panic buy, they might simply need shopping.

The vast majority on here will also need to go get things this weekend and have to join queues. I don’t get the high and mighty.

If they were leaving with ridiculously full trolleys fair enough but they are queuing to get in.

Exactly. Many will have been at work all week and be frightened they won't be able to get what they need.

Durham Arnison Centre this morning was exactly the same. Huge queues outside M&S and like Christmas Eve morning at Sainsbury’s.

Blokes jostling for slabs of lager!

Utter madness.

At this rate if the government really want to clamp down on social gatherings the supermarkets should be next. Not sure how they’d do it but it’s farcical closing cafes and then having hundreds of people in close proximity jostling with each other for the last few cans of beer / loaf of bread.

Yes, this mess is become self-fulfilling. Fear that those who even want to shop sensibly won’t be able to get what they need will see them joining the q’s as well, making the whole situation appear even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back