Panackelty

I agree with him. At the minute I’m eating cheap and homely what with it being cold and stuff but I’m not that arsed about this. Rather have egg, chips, beans and bread. Panak is a big shite like
Well if you're labouring under the misapprehension that it consists of "sliced potato, stock and bacon" then I'm not surprised.
Love it me.

Corned beef, sausages, bacon, mushrooms, onions, carrots, stock, topped with sliced potato.

Brown sarce (Chop or fuck off)

Crusty bread with Lurpak for dipping
HP.

Chop's rank. Fruity vinegary shit.

Last edited:

Well if you're labouring under the misapprehension that it consists of "sliced potato, stock and bacon" then I'm not surprised.
Nah I’ve said I’ve had it with all sorts in. Bacon, corned beef, black pudding etc. I’ve had it like a hot pot style and like a stew as well. I think it’s just a boring bit of bait.

It’s crazy how different peoples can be, my aunties was watery with carrots and black pudding, my Nana’s is pretty thick with gravy granules and corn beef, two very different things yet called the same.
OK I've got an even bigger contrast for you.
My Mam was a butcher's daughter and used a lot of cheap cuts which just need to be cooked properly. Her pannack had loads of shin of beef, stewed down to melting point and made up into a thick meaty gravy, then layers of onion and potato, slow cooked to absorb all the liquid. Food of the Gods!
I knew a bloke who had a shop at Red House who asked a wifey why she was buying tinned dogfood when he knew she didn't have a dog. She said her husband had drunk all his wages again, so she was taking the kids to her mother's for a few days. Before she went, she would cook him a big dish of pannack made with Pedigree Chum, so he wouldn't starve, even though his kids might! He ate the lot.

Absolutely brilliant, end of discussion!

My mam made it and when she went I thought I’d never have it again, turns out our lass does it even better, I find it great hangover and comfort food.

Corned beef and burnt sliced potatoes on top, right getting her to make some today.
oooooo, A Lancashire lass doing it better that your Ma? Or is that just what you tell her to keep her happy? 😉
or even peasepudding stirred through to thicken it’s a tremendous, hearty meal when made properly.
🤔 Never thought about that!

Last edited:
never had it but it doesn't sound great. Be sloppy as owt.

If I ever do corned beef hash I fry my corned beef and do it with parmentier potatoes mixed in so it's not sloppy
Aye that’s me too. A good breakfast that. Shakshuka is a current favourite of mine with some nice bread.

What you've got there marra is mince and dumplings.
In a way you have a point. I'll call what I made, minackelty.
I used to do the panackelty with simply corned beef, onion and sliced potatoes, plus oxo's. That was how I was brought up on having it.
I went off corned beef so I changed to mice.
The dumplings were a later addition and now I use them all the time.
They're best when crispy in the oven with this and the badlies are much better for the home made soups.

In a way you have a point. I'll call what I made, minackelty.
I used to do the panackelty with simply corned beef, onion and sliced potatoes, plus oxo's. That was how I was brought up on having it.
I went off corned beef so I changed to mice.
The dumplings were a later addition and now I use them all the time.
They're best when crispy in the oven with this and the badlies are much better for the home made soups.
:eek:

Back