Panackelty

In a way you have a point. I'll call what I made, minackelty.
I used to do the panackelty with simply corned beef, onion and sliced potatoes, plus oxo's. That was how I was brought up on having it.
I went off corned beef so I changed to mice.
The dumplings were a later addition and now I use them all the time.
They're best when crispy in the oven with this and the badlies are much better for the home made soups.
I always have crispy dumplings with hot pot.

Was this a regional name within the NE? I was born and raised there but never heard the term. From description it’s what we called corned beef hotpot. Mam who made it was from Leadgate and we lived in Lanchester.

In a way you have a point. I'll call what I made, minackelty.
I used to do the panackelty with simply corned beef, onion and sliced potatoes, plus oxo's. That was how I was brought up on having it.
I went off corned beef so I changed to mice.
The dumplings were a later addition and now I use them all the time.
They're best when crispy in the oven with this and the badlies are much better for the home made soups.
f***ing mice 🐭 , you pikey bastard, next you’ll be roasting hedgehogs 🦔
Was this a regional name within the NE? I was born and raised there but never heard the term. From description it’s what we called corned beef hotpot. Mam who made it was from Leadgate and we lived in Lanchester.
Our lass makes it and calls it corned beef hot pot, she’s a manc, but she’s wrong it’s panackelty

Last edited:
Me ma always made it with mince n whatever else we had,sausage, black pud.
Corned beef version was something else... corned beef hash. Would swear there used to be a display of sunderland foods thru the ages,upstairs in the Sunderland museum, and it showed panack made with mince.

I asked @cheeses of nazereth to clear the air out for a lovely slap up Chinese once things go back to normal. An olive branch if you like but he threw it back in my face.
How did i throw it back in your face ?
I never said either way if you could take me out for chinese.
I think you've gotten to the stage even you don't know when you're making stuff up anymore.
It's like you have a "vendetta" out for me tagging me so i know you're here.
I never need to know, i always think you're here.

Back