Pakistan v England, 2nd test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking at it from a wider perspective for a moment, we'd beat them in our conditions. The divide is getting wider between sub-continent teams and the others.

Looking at it from a wider perspective for a moment, we'd beat them in our conditions. The divide is getting wider between sub-continent teams and the others.

We barely got half of our previous lowest ever test innings score vs Pakistan, anywhere.

It's only the second time this century that we've failed a 145-ish run chase.

It's hard to see the sunny side like.

Strauss OUT!

:lol:

Save the knee jerking for PF man.

Serious point though - Strauss's average has been shite for a very long time now. At what point does he get moved down the order or put on "get yer form back leave"?

Serious point though - Strauss's average has been shite for a very long time now. At what point does he get moved down the order or put on "get yer form back leave"?

As long as the team wins it won't matter, let's just see how 2012 goes first. Poor first test, dominated nearly all of the last one bar a shocking collapse. If it continues then I'm sure he will ask questions of himself, but for now I'm happy to see him still at the helm.

As long as the team wins it won't matter, let's just see how 2012 goes first. Poor first test, dominated nearly all of the last one bar a shocking collapse. If it continues then I'm sure he will ask questions of himself, but for now I'm happy to see him still at the helm.

so potentially he could go 3.5 years with one test 100 to his name.

he isnt that good as a captain to be given that long, blessed to have two class saffers with test averages of 50 plus and two of Englands best ever products in Cook and Broad

so potentially he could go 3.5 years with one test 100 to his name.

he isnt that good as a captain to be given that long, blessed to have two class saffers with test averages of 50 plus and two of Englands best ever products in Cook and Broad

So your suggesting sacking Strauss and Flower now while England are the best cricket side in the world then?

So your suggesting sacking Strauss and Flower now while England are the best cricket side in the world then?

I have asked for neither to be sacked?

I have asked a question about barren form and Flower coaching abilties

Your only as good as the players playing for you and thats why we are doing well.

I have asked for neither to be sacked?

I have asked a question about barren form and Flower coaching abilties

Your only as good as the players playing for you and thats why we are doing well.

I'm sure they are asking plenty of questions of themselves right now. For the achievements of the last few years I would suggest they deserve more time, and I'm inclined to believe the ECB will be of a similar mindset.

If the poor form continues until 2013 then maybe that will change.....but not before.

I'm sure they are asking plenty of questions of themselves right now. For the achievements of the last few years I would suggest they deserve more time, and I'm inclined to believe the ECB will be of a similar mindset.

If the poor form continues until 2013 then maybe that will change.....but not before.

Winning in Australia apart I am struggling to think of 'achievements'.

I would point out we have beaten no major nation away in either one day cricket or test cricket for 2 years

Beating India @ home 4-0, I think the Aussies have just put that into context

Leicestershire won our domestic to prove out the lottery status with which 20/20 should be treated

Last edited:
Winning in Australia apart I am struggling to think of 'achievements'.

I would point out we have beaten no major nation away in either one day cricket or test cricket for 2 years

Beating India @ home 4-0, I think the Aussies have just put that into context

The Indians you said were going to beat us?

Whichever context you decide to put the 'achievements' in they are exactly that.

You can shift goalposts as much as you like to suit an argument.

The Indians you said were going to beat us?

Whichever context you decide to put the 'achievements' in they are exactly that.

You can shift goalposts as much as you like to suit an argument.

Underestimated how poor India and Australia have become, so its ok for people to change their opinions on players but when I do it, its moving goalposts

Oh and if Id known India would be missing half a side my prediction may have been different......moving goalposts I guess

Underestimated how poor India and Australia have become, so its ok for people to change their opinions on players but when I do it, its moving goalposts

Oh and if Id known India would be missing half a side my prediction may have been different......moving goalposts I guess

Everyone has an opinion but you seem to get caught up in your a little too much sometimes. Any victory by the margin England won in Australia was fantastic regardless of the fact it wasn the greatest Aussie team ever. Nobody could have predicted how crap India would be this year but they are an old team, and they dont seem to have much ability coming through to bounce back.

England however have a solid core of a team that are not too old, and have plenty of youth in our ranks. Add to that some of the exciting prospects on the fringe like Finn, Bairstow, Butler and Davies and I would suggest even if we are knocked from the #1 spot we can bounce back again.

The first two tests have been disappointing yes, but I'm not writing the obituary for English cricket just yet.

...however if they don't get to grips with a spinning ball I just might :lol:

I guess we should be grateful their two opening bowlers werent playing :eek:

Cheats, should never play the game again.

I'm just relieved I had to work today, f***ing hell I couldn't believe we only managed 72. But shit happens, we've got to show some positivity in the last test, take on Rehman and Chucker, if we get beaten trying to give it a whack against them, at least it will be less embarrassing than collapsing with a whimper like it appears we did today.

Hopefully Brighton can continue to make the day a little bit less shite.

Everyone has an opinion but you seem to get caught up in your a little too much sometimes. Any victory by the margin England won in Australia was fantastic regardless of the fact it wasn the greatest Aussie team ever. Nobody could have predicted how crap India would be this year but they are an old team, and they dont seem to have much ability coming through to bounce back.

England however have a solid core of a team that are not too old, and have plenty of youth in our ranks. Add to that some of the exciting prospects on the fringe like Finn, Bairstow, Butler and Davies and I would suggest even if we are knocked from the #1 spot we can bounce back again.

The first two tests have been disappointing yes, but I'm not writing the obituary for English cricket just yet.

...however if they don't get to grips with a spinning ball I just might :lol:

Cheats, should never play the game again.

I believe we are a good team but our number one status flatters us, the rankings are rediculous, in the latest test championship saffers have played 13less games, meaning less games against whipping boys to bolster ranking

With regards to Davies etc were they not part of the 5-0 drubbing in India when again we couldnt play spin

I believe we are a good team but our number one status flatters us, the rankings are rediculous, in the latest test championship saffers have played 13less games, meaning less games against whipping boys to bolster ranking

With regards to Davies etc were they not part of the 5-0 drubbing in India when again we couldnt play spin

Young un's did ok against spin here (I know one swallow doesn't make a summer, blah blah):

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/549033.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back