Pakistan v England, 2nd test

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangermows

Striker
2 spinners!!! :-D (only because their hand was forced by the looks of it though).

not sure what botham has seen here to think england can knock pakistan over for 250 like.

80 odd for 2

Gerrin Broad!! What a ball! Big wicket to get Younus cheaply.

Beefy was probably being a bit optimistic saying we can skittle them for 250, but it's got to be the target. Anything under 300 would put us right in the game.

"And to think some wanted him dropped".

I've no idea if anyone ever said this, but no doubt it will be trotted out by you know who...

Excellent start this. Only seen the most recent wicket but the pitch looks as flat as can be so to have them 105-4 seems a tremendous effort so far.

Broad is bowling some very testing lines and lengths. Very impressive.

Panesar getting a bit stick now.

And is it just me, or does Anderson look a few mph slower than usual?

The speed clocks in home tests are often notched up a couple of ticks to give the opposition the impression our attack is quicker than what it is

Anderson is 85-87 mph bowler but will often get clocked doing 87-90 in home tests or say in Austra;ia when tracks are naturally quick and bouncy

:neutral:

Strange one that one. Umpires call on LBW, yet hawk-eye shows it clipping to bails. 1 lost review for England.

Has Anderson been serving up half volleys most of the series like he is today, havent seen much of the cricket until today.

This is poor bowling in a crucial time of the match whereby 270 A/O could read 350

Im sorry but Jimmy has to buck his ideas up on these benign pitches

Has Anderson been serving up half volleys most of the series like he is today, havent seen much of the cricket until today.

This is poor bowling in a crucial time of the match whereby 270 A/O could read 350

Im sorry but Jimmy has to buck his ideas up on these benign pitches

Are you watching the same game as me? Jimmy's been getting the batsmen in all sorts of trouble today and it's shear blind bad luck that he hasn't had a wicket.

Are you watching the same game as me? Jimmy's been getting the batsmen in all sorts of trouble today and it's shear blind bad luck that he hasn't had a wicket.

You dont win any prizes for effort, the hard currency of a bowler is wickets

Gerrin Swanny lad

England's Day

.....back in the game :cool:

We mustered a paltry 352 in both our innings combined last time out so am not sure I would be claiming anyones day just yet.

I dont see England posting too many scores above 300 in an innings on this tour would be delighted to see this happen and be proved wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back