Pakistan v England, 2nd test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boycs was absolutely scathing this morning. "Worst English batting performance I've seen in 25 years of playing and 23 years of commentating". Mainly because the wicket was flat and predictable, so was a straightforward contest of skill between bowlers and batsmen, in which we were completely hammered.

Can't we get Warne in as spin bowling coach for the batsmen? If you can cope with him you can cope with most spinners, I'd have thought.

Boycs was absolutely scathing this morning. "Worst English batting performance I've seen in 25 years of playing and 23 years of commentating". Mainly because the wicket was flat and predictable, so was a straightforward contest of skill between bowlers and batsmen, in which we were completely hammered.

Can't we get Warne in as spin bowling coach for the batsmen? If you can cope with him you can cope with most spinners, I'd have thought.
Can't argue with that.

The ball did spin a little bit and the Pakistani bowlers bowled well but some of the dismissals were just a simple case of experienced test match batsmen missing straight balls. The Trott, Pietersen and Morgan wickets in particular were fairly pathetic dismissals; for some reason we seemed to be mentally weak chasing what was a very modest total.

We already have Mushtaq Ahmed on the backroom staff and our coach was one of the finest player's of spin of his era.

The players need to work this out for themselves or simply be dropped, Bell and Pietersen in particular have played in the sub-continent many times yet look worse in these conditions than anyone.

We already have Mushtaq Ahmed on the backroom staff and our coach was one of the finest player's of spin of his era.

The players need to work this out for themselves or simply be dropped, Bell and Pietersen in particular have played in the sub-continent many times yet look worse in these conditions than anyone.

I was thinking this myself. I really like mushy, really nice bloke. Is he there to help the batsmen too though? I thought he was there just for our spinners? He can help the batters im sure, but at the end of the day he wasnt one so how much could he help apart from throwing down a few googlies at them?

Can't argue with that.

The ball did spin a little bit and the Pakistani bowlers bowled well but some of the dismissals were just a simple case of experienced test match batsmen missing straight balls. The Trott, Pietersen and Morgan wickets in particular were fairly pathetic dismissals; for some reason we seemed to be mentally weak chasing what was a very modest total.

Totally agree, the bowling was decent but the ball wasn't spinning sideways.

Poor mental strength more than anything was the reason behind that capitulation.

as most have pointed out, the ball was hardly spinning. it basically highlighted the fact that our batsmen do not have the skill/ability to score against a side looking to bowl straight and starve the runs.

it got to the point where pakistani bowlers had 6 balls at a time to go at the batsman. playing like that, sooner or later one will have your name on it.

as most have pointed out, the ball was hardly spinning. it basically highlighted the fact that our batsmen do not have the skill/ability to score against a side looking to bowl straight and starve the runs.

it got to the point where pakistani bowlers had 6 balls at a time to go at the batsman. playing like that, sooner or later one will have your name on it.

It seemed to me they were getting done on length time and time again not the spin. The most annoying part was the amount of time they spent on the back foot, Pakistan's spinners are hardly Garner, Holding and Marshall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back