Pakistan 🇵🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 1st test Rawalpindi

Yes I feel like there’s no true precedent to base all this on and make calls for tomorrow :lol:

As long as we do take those 3 wickets in the first session (ideally first hour) we’ll make it far more of a game. If they’re still batting deep in session 2 it’ll be a far more conservative declaration

Yeah true

Really hope we do get them 3 quickly as you say just to make it an interesting game

It will be fascinating

Disappointing morning, taken probably 30 minutes longer than we needed it to and have let them get 30 runs more than we could afford.

Pakistan at 10/1 is quite tempting given the messaging from England about their intent.
-
I hope this signals the end of Jack Leach as a Test cricketer too by the way, he has been completely ineffective in this game. He just isn’t good enough unfortunately.

Last edited:
Disappointing morning, taken probably 30 minutes longer than we needed it to and have let them get 30 runs more than we could afford.

Pakistan at 10/1 is quite tempting given the messaging from England about their intent.
-
I hope this signals the end of Jack Leach as a Test cricketer too by the way, he has been completely ineffective in this game. He just isn’t good enough unfortunately.

Been saying for a while Leach is not a quality spinner at this level
Down the track second over!!

Love it!

Last edited:
Could be an interesting finish. We have made such a noise about positivity we can’t back down and it might open the door for them. 380 in a day for them in a flat pitch? Would they go for it and leave the door open?

We're still batting at a good rate but I didn't expect us to lose two early wickets. No good going for quick runs if we are all out for something like 200.

Good to see Will Jacks get 6 wickets on debut.

Listening to Nasser here, he is such a good broadcaster. Really funny & interesting piece on sky. We simply aren’t going for a draw, and for such a flat, flat wicket, this game is beautifully poised. Full credit to Stokes and McCullum and the whole team for getting us to this point.

Fascinating discussion on the lunch break where Hussain is saying McCullum thinks the best way to get their 10 wickets is to dangle the carrot with a score they could chase.

As a lot easier to block and play out a draw on this wicket.

We could possibly lose this match which seems ridiculous after the first innings, but seems he is sticking to his principle of risking losing to win.

Could be an interesting finish. We have made such a noise about positivity we can’t back down and it might open the door for them. 380 in a day for them in a flat pitch? Would they go for it and leave the door open?
I'd take 380 but with this approach we could be all out for under 250 on what is a feathered.

We need to score enough runs to entice Pakistan to bat aggressively, it'll be no good if they need under 4 an over.

Weve been fielding for 155 overs, the players need some rest.

-
That 16-1 seemed good value knowing how England were going to bat

Last edited:
Listening to Nasser here, he is such a good broadcaster. Really funny & interesting piece on sky. We simply aren’t going for a draw, and for such a flat, flat wicket, this game is beautifully poised. Full credit to Stokes and McCullum and the whole team for getting us to this point.

Absolutely!! no doubt in my mind this wicket in the past would have resulted in a terrible dire game of cricket which would have been a very bad advert for test cricket.

McCullum and Stokes deserve massive credit for this, really hope they keep going as can only be good for test cricket

I'd take 380 but with this approach we could be all out for under 250 on what is a feathered.

We need to score enough runs to entice Pakistan to bat aggressively, it'll be no good if they need under 4 an over.

Weve been fielding for 155 overs, the players need some rest.

That 16-1 seemed good value knowing how England were going to bat
I’d like to think we’ve got enough sense to realise that if we look like being 250 all out they reign it in a bit, but I’m not sure that’s the case now.

A lot could come down to whether Livingstone is fit enough to bat.

Don’t know for sure but doesn’t look like he’s fielded at all since going off. Maybe worth getting him to go out and lid one so we can concussion sub him…

I’d like to think we’ve got enough sense to realise that if we look like being 250 all out they reign it in a bit, but I’m not sure that’s the case now.

A lot could come down to whether Livingstone is fit enough to bat.

Don’t know for sure but doesn’t look like he’s fielded at all since going off. Maybe worth getting him to go out and lid one so we can concussion sub him…
You'd hope that these two just bat normally this session as both naturally score quick.
30 overs at 4/5 then 10 overs of t20 style after tea would be around the mark.

Back