Pain never goes away...

have family and friends that have lost children, it definitely never goes away but it’s better to be open and still celebrate your love for them I reckon. Hope you have a good Christmas and celebrate both your beautiful boys.

Really appreciate that.
A year just gone by where I lost a mate through suicide (2 in 6 weeks).
The one I am referring to also lost his Brother at an early age through a tragic car accident.
Both parents now elderly and lost both their lads. Only knows how they cope with that.

Hope you have a great Christmas as well.👍

You sound a decent bloke, of course you are.
I am going back to my Dads grave Sunday. I always do the last Sunday before Christmas. Stand there and think we are talking, it helps.

I know you will both keep thinking, why us. Try not to punish yourself though.
Life is simply not fair, remind yourself your family is so important.
We all take the best things in life for granted x
6 Months later I lost my mam...I utterly believe she died of a broken heart..it was her 1st grandchild and she couldn’t live with the grief and pain..it absolutely destroyed her!🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Really appreciate that.
A year just gone by where I lost a mate through suicide (2 in 6 weeks).
The one I am referring to also lost his Brother at an early age through a tragic car accident.
Both parents now elderly and lost both their lads. Only knows how they cope with that.

Hope you have a great Christmas as well.👍
Oh god..how utterly terrible!!...so tragic mate😔😔😔
Much love ❤️ @Rokerparkpies and family on this sad anniversary
❤️❤️
To Everyone...
Thank you for your kind words it means alot..
A very Merry Christmas to you all!
From the Pies family!⛄🌲🌲🥂🍸🍷❄️❄️🎅🎅🎅

Last edited:
Not that there is a good day for someone to die but my heart goes out to anyone who loses somebody this time time of year or any memorable date / event through the year. My dad died on a non-descript Tueday in March and tbh unless my sister mentions it I try not to think about it, even though I think about him lots. I know it was a Tuesday but I blanked the date as I don't want it hanging over me every year, some might think it odd but that's me. My grand father lost his brother, crushed by a ship in the docks on new years eve and he never celebrated new year. Glass of whisky and went to bed. That date was stuck with him. Even now New Year is no big deal because growing up I was looked after by my grand parents on New Year and it was never balloons and music but actually quite sombre. I always wish my grand father had that whisky early on and then put the music on but grief is a very strange thing and yes it never goes away, we each deal with it in our own way.

My dad died just short of 70 years old. I was away on holiday and was told on my return the following day. He’d just gone for a walk and was sat on a garden wall in Town End Farm opposite Ferryboat Lane when he just keeled over and died.
He’d fought in North Africa and worked hard all of his life and was a genuinely smashing dad and grandad.
I never feel sad when I think of him, especially at this time of year, and always remember him with a smile! R.I.P. Dad. 🙂

Back