Pain never goes away...

Heartbreaking mate. Hope you and the wife have the best Christmas you can.
We are lucky to have the boy now..(albeit through IVF...long story)..he is our world..he's coming up 15 soon and is a good kid but our 1st son never strays far from our thoughts and hearts..it feels doubly worse this year after losing the father-in-law in July...I'll be honest I'm dreading xmas dayπŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

20 years ago today we lost our 1st son to that Abhorrent disease Meningitis...absolutely cuts me in half seeing the wife upset...wish I could dis-invent that bastard thing!
πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

One person I know lost a leg and an arm over the bastard disease. Only last year a Mate pulled through because they got lucky and immediately got treatment.

Hope you can stay strong as a family, of course you will support each other. No words will help only offering a crumb of comfort that strangers genuinely care and thinking what you have gone through and continue to go through.
So so sorry Mate ❀️
We are lucky to have the boy now..(albeit through IVF...long story)..he is our world..he's coming up 15 soon and is a good kid but our 1st son never strays far from our thoughts and hearts..it feels doubly worse this year after losing the father-in-law in July...I'll be honest I'm dreading xmas dayπŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

Stay strong Mate, give that boy a big hug from me. (still young enough).
Don’t suffer in silence and get through it as a family. We are all wired up differently and emotions are not a competition in how we cope.

Last edited:
One person I know lost a leg and an arm over the bastard disease. Only last year a Mate pulled through because they got lucky and immediately got treatment.

Hope you can stay strong as a family, of course you will support each other. No words will help only offering a crumb of comfort that strangers genuinely care and thinking what you have gone through and continue to go through.
So so sorry Mate ❀️

Don’t suffer in silence and get through it as a family. We are all wired up differently and emotions are not a competition in how we cope.
Me and the wife always take this day off from work..always take a holly wreath to the cemetery with a note...this sounds terrible but doesn't mean to be but when we go I just stare at his headstone and think why?..we shouldn't be here!..always think what he would've been like...but it comforts me to think he's amongst the clouds dancing with Angels!

So so sorry Mate ❀️

have family and friends that have lost children, it definitely never goes away but it’s better to be open and still celebrate your love for them I reckon. Hope you have a good Christmas and celebrate both your beautiful boys.

Me and the wife always take this day off from work..always take a holly wreath to the cemetery with a note...this sounds terrible but doesn't mean to be but when we go I just stare at his headstone and think why?..we shouldn't be here!..always think what he would've been like...but it comforts me to think he's amongst the clouds dancing with Angels!
Oh my thoughts are with you and the rest of your family. He was a wee dancer then (a Glasgow saying meaning he was the best). Keep those loving thoughts close.

You sound a decent bloke, of course you are.
I am going back to my Dads grave Sunday. I always do the last Sunday before Christmas. Stand there and think we are talking, it helps.

I know you will both keep thinking, why us. Try not to punish yourself though.
Life is simply not fair, remind yourself your family is so important.
We all take the best things in life for granted x

You sound a decent bloke, of course you are.
I am going back to my Dads grave Sunday. I always do the last Sunday before Christmas. Stand there and think we are talking, it helps.

I know you will both keep thinking, why us. Try not to punish yourself though.
Life is simply not fair, remind yourself your family is so important.
We all take the best things in life for granted x
Absolutely mate..I couldn't agree more

Back