Oxford United FC Roll Call.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 39494
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was it free tickets or bring your sister/aunt/mother as they are one and the same)?
Averages are looking ....well average. Swindon Town | Home Attendances | Football Web Pages

Of course our`s is a purpose built and unique all seater, not some garden chairs nailed onto terracing.

And just for comparison.....

Like you say averaging 10k+ against 6-7k , cast`s a bit of a shadow. ;)

Anyway we are playing Sunderland on Saturday, what`s your excuse for being here? :lol::lol:
As for weather, don`t worry about that, it`ll waft the aroma from the sewage farm away! :lol: :lol:

Typical deluded Oxford adding in the big cup games with away support.
Your average league attendances :lol::lol::lol:
@EssexYellows, how come only 3 sides to the ground? Any plans of another stand?

Bit of trellis and some climbers I believe are in the plans for next season.
Awful place to get to from the station. Mind you loads of Harry Potter Scarves in the City replacing the piss stained colour ones.

Last edited:

@EssexYellows, how come only 3 sides to the ground? Any plans of another stand?

Footings for the West Stand are under the car park. Lack of funds/our slum landlord/league demise precluded the build!

Awful place to get to from the station. Mind you loads of Harry Potter Scarves in the City replacing the piss stained colour ones.

Of course the Pighill team didn`t exactly set any cups on fire did they? :lol: :lol:

You might also like to know that away fan`s only get 1,800 maximum and several of those attendances were League One fixtures.

Number 5 bus from the station easy enough, you should be able to count that high with the extra fingers.

So we are playing Sunderland on Saturday, what`s your excuse for being here? Aspirations to play "big teams" again? Or still apologising for 1990?

What was it 56 charges you admitted too in the end, illegal payments to players, Macari betting on matches it was a long old list?
I mean they wanted to put you in Division Three then, ironic really. :lol::lol:

Last edited:

😂That made me laugh - sorry Essex

Footings for the West Stand are under the car park. Lack of funds/our slum landlord/league demise precluded the build!

Of course the Pighill team didn`t exactly set any cups on fire did they? :lol: :lol:

You might also like to know that away fan`s only get 1,800 maximum and several of those attendances were League One fixtures.

Number 5 bus from the station easy enough, you should be able to count that high with the extra fingers.

So we are playing Sunderland on Saturday, what`s your excuse for being here? Aspirations to play "big teams" again? Or still apologising for 1990?

What was it 56 charges you admitted too in the end, illegal payments to players, Macari betting on matches it was a long old list?

The Oxon Reds will be at Swindon as always.
As for Sunderland you lot struggle to travel North of Birmingham. 1990 you were not Supporting Oxford going by your DOB so why the interest.

If you need any fence panels B&Q have a sale on right now.

Delusional Oxford strike again stating several when really meaning 3.
That’s always been your problem. Stick to facts now, on your bike and watch that Harry Potter scarf doesn’t get stuck in that front wheel.

Last edited:

My garden shed is bigger than this,
My garden shed is bigger than this,
It's got four sides and a window,
My garden shed is bigger than this.

@Swindon On Tour ......... not everything you read on the internet is true,sorry to break that to you.

Been watching our lot since `79 so had a proper roller coaster and some fun days out at the skip, and lets not mention Paddington. :D

Back to the question which you seem to be dodging..... we are playing Sunderland, what`s your excuse? ;)

@Swindon On Tour ......... not everything you read on the internet is true,sorry to break that to you.

Been watching our lot since `79 so had a proper roller coaster and some fun days out at the skip, and lets not mention Paddington. :D

Back to the question which you seem to be dodging..... we are playing Sunderland, what`s your excuse? ;)
I would imagine we just take over the town and the ground unchallenged like always at Oxford, what else?

He's been here for years, and is a very welcome contributor. End of story.

i had picked that one out when scouting pubs, looks really good
Got a taxi tank behind that pub. Also The Old Tom pub just down the road (same side) a little further down the road after the entrance to Christ Church you’ve got the Head of the River Pub.
If you’re taking a taxi, tell the driver to take you via BBleys rather than Abingdon Rd then Sandford. Will save you a lot of time with traffic and you’ll have a short 5-10 mins walk to the ground if asked to be dropped at the bottom of Merlin Road.

Got a taxi tank behind that pub. Also The Old Tom pub just down the road (same side) a little further down the road after the entrance to Christ Church you’ve got the Head of the River Pub.
If you’re taking a taxi, tell the driver to take you via BBleys rather than Abingdon Rd then Sandford. Will save you a lot of time with traffic and you’ll have a short 5-10 mins walk to the ground if asked to be dropped at the bottom of Merlin Road.

The Head of the River pub is fantastic on a nice summer's evening but I'm not so sure about a wet and windy Saturday afternoon.

I'm going down. 5am start to get to SOL for the ALS bus never got them before, normally get a train but booked this one a bit late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back