Oxford United FC Roll Call.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 39494
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, me +3 thanks to a very kind person on here who has sorted tickets for us. Just a heads up, the weather is going to be shite on Saturday with heavy rain and 40mph+ winds forecast.
Enjoy it mate. Won't be there this time as flying back tomorrow.

Me.

Cracking away day this. Beautiful City, cracking pubs and the delights of the local Shotover Brewery.

Up there with Rochdale, Tranmere, Lincoln and Accrington away days this season.

3rd visit to the City of Dreaming Spires in just under a year for me.
Two from our house but not me

Four from the New Forest.
According to their forum there is serious doubts that this game will be on due to the 50mph wind and torrential rain. They reckon it's more to do with Health and Safety due to the ground only having 3 sides and being surrounded by trees as well as the pitch flooding too easily.

Not the greatest news for those sitting with an £87 non-refundable train ticket in their pocket. Still it won't be the first time: they called off the FA Cup tie in 1992 just after I'd jumped off the bus after an 10 hour journey from Edinburgh.
wind direction straight into the away end from open end

Last edited:
13000 for our last home game. When was the last time you ever got near that?
Tick tick tick tick. Forever in our shadow.
What was it free tickets or bring your sister/aunt/mother as they are one and the same)?
Averages are looking ....well average. Swindon Town | Home Attendances | Football Web Pages

Of course our`s is a purpose built and unique all seater, not some garden chairs nailed onto terracing.

And just for comparison.....

Like you say averaging 10k+ against 6-7k , cast`s a bit of a shadow. ;)

Anyway we are playing Sunderland on Saturday, what`s your excuse for being here? :lol::lol:
As for weather, don`t worry about that, it`ll waft the aroma from the sewage farm away! :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Canny bar that for footy and stuff - If you want to try The Royal Blenheim it's out the door, turn right, walk 20 yards turn right into Pembroke St and the Royal Blenheim is about 50 yards down the lane.

I know Oxford pubs well - a lot of my friends were at university there. I could also put in a good word for the Lamb and Flag, the Chequers and the Kings Arms. Not to mention the Eagle and Child (Tolkien's Baby and Bird).

I know Oxford pubs well - a lot of my friends were at university there. I could also put in a good word for the Lamb and Flag, the Chequers and the Kings Arms. Not to mention the Eagle and Child (Tolkien's Baby and Bird).

Yes, all of those are good pubs. Not really footy places but all should be welcoming. I'd also add the Turf Tavern - it can be a little hard to find as it is down a side alley but it's where Bill Clinton famously "did not inhale".

I'm driving over from Cambridge ("the other place"), dumping the car at the hotel and looking forward to a few pre- and post-match beers.

Yes, all of those are good pubs. Not really footy places but all should be welcoming. I'd also add the Turf Tavern - it can be a little hard to find as it is down a side alley but it's where Bill Clinton famously "did not inhale".

I'm driving over from Cambridge ("the other place"), dumping the car at the hotel and looking forward to a few pre- and post-match beers.

Don't really like the Turf. It always seems to be rammed with American tourists.

This should've been my birthday treat game off our lass

But with my old man not firing on all cylinders thought I'd elbow it & watch it
This should've been my birthday treat game off our lass
But with my old man not firing on all cylinders thought I'd elbow it & watch it with him

Should have been my Birthday treat too, it will be if big Charlie finally does what he gets paid to do.

Last edited:
Don't really like the Turf. It always seems to be rammed with American tourists.

Well, yes, they all like to get their photo taken next to the Clinton sign.

American tourists can be quite entertaining in a way and less annoying that local students. Winding up American tourists about the history of the place is one of my favourite pub games in Cambridge ("yes, Jesus really did go to Jesus College")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back