Ownership Investment

They have to do something with the stadium! Starting with a good clean. It’s absolutely filthy.

There was standing water on most of the hospitality rows today too. Hardly a good luck for those paying the most money.

Who is the best person to email about this?
Whilst in the ground yesterday I was disgusted with the state of the SoL. It’s absolutely filthy inside and out. The roof no longer looks white and clearly is leaking in several places.

The hospitality seating in the west stand had standing water in several rows! Hardly a good look for those spending the most money? I would want to put my shoes in filitht water for 90 minutes.

The red signs around the back of the lower bowl are full of dust and the seats have an awful layer of filth on them too. Who is meant to be cleaning the stadium during the week?

As a paying customer, my experience in stadium has to be way better than this. I’m paying nearly £400 to sit in a dirty seat, surrounded by litter and filth.

The concrete path around the bottom of the stadium has mould on it too and let’s not even get started with the 'red' run off areas around the side of the pitch. They look dark brown at very best.

These are basic things which the club need to address otherwise people will stop going!

Last edited:
They have to do something with the stadium! Starting with a good clean. It’s absolutely filthy.

There was standing water on most of the hospitality rows today too. Hardly a good luck for those paying the most money.

Whilst in the ground yesterday I was disgusted with the state of the SoL. It’s absolutely filthy inside and out. The roof no longer looks white and clearly is leaking in several places.

The hospitality seating in the west stand had standing water in several rows! Hardly a good look for those spending the most money? I would want to put my shoes in filitht water for 90 minutes.

The red signs around the back of the lower bowl are full of dust and the seats have an awful layer of filth on them too. Who is meant to be cleaning the stadium during the week?

As a paying customer, my experience in stadium has to be way better than this. I’m paying nearly £400 to sit in a dirty seat, surrounded by litter and filth.

The concrete path around the bottom of the stadium has mould on it too and let’s not even get started with the 'red' run off areas around the side of the pitch. They look dark brown at very best.

These are basic things which the club need to address otherwise people will stop going!
The ground is basically untouched in 27 years, it needs serious investment and improvement.

Chris has got these well and truly sussed out. Run on a shoe string and cost cutting , as I say no different to SD
I’m pretty sure he suggested the club were given newcastles share of the gate receipts from the cup game recently.

He’s yet to back up his claim and we’re still waiting for the evidence or a clarification that he was mistaken.

I’d take what he says with a large pinch of salt.

I’m pretty sure he suggested the club were given newcastles share of the gate receipts from the cup game recently.

He’s yet to back up his claim and we’re still waiting for the evidence or a clarification that he was mistaken.

I’d take what he says with a large pinch of salt.
I’d listen to him mate as he’s been proven right over this ownership and the last

He seems well informed

I’d listen to him mate as he’s been proven right over this ownership and the last

He seems well informed
A blind man on a horse could see what the last lot were like.

Time will tell with KLD. Think he was wide of the mark regarding the gate receipts from the mags game though. Stirred a nasty little rumour that could have been severely damaging with no evidence what so ever and has since said nowt about it that I’ve seen.

His posts are interesting if nowt else.

Comparing Ipswich with Sunderland is like chalk and cheese though. They are gambling massively. Promotion in two seasons of bust. In poker terms they are going all in, we’re building our stack slowly but surely.

Rainwater running down one of the steel piles under the Premoer Concourse corner on to the walk way underneath yesterday. Not good.

Water lashing down in the west stand concourse again yesterday, big wheelie bins in place to collect the water and to stop folks standing directly underneath it. Looked like it was pissing down inside the ground, wasn't even raining outside.

The internal steels in the east stand are getting worse with more paint coming off and algae / mould evident.

There are clearly some major issues to address
This is a major concern. Even those that won't have a bad word said against the club have to recognise what a disaster not pumping funds into basic maintenance would be. Excuses like those rawa were given cannot be allowed to stand.

there is nocost cutting...the number of employees has risen massively...
that they arent very good emplyees is becoming apparent..
This is a bad sign. If you want to grow a business, you have to recruit the right people, and you have to look after your assets.
When Rodwell recruited Davison as COO, that was symptomatic of the Barrow Boys cheapskate, "great CV" approach. Even the pitch was ropey under them.
When Short was bankrolling the club to the tune of hundreds of millions, his major failure was trusting Byrne, Bain etc. when they were obviously not competent.
I hoped KLD and his cohort of savvy lawyers and businessmen would have swept the Augean stables and got the off-field, multi-million pound business in order, and made the SoL worthy of the club's ambitions of Premiership status. That is more important, ultimately, than a few percentage points change in debt on the balance sheet.

Back