Ownership Investment

Aston Villa have built well as example, after initially struggling.

It’s easy for me to tell KLD to invest when its not my money but he has invested but some smart investment now and he will get his money back in spades.

He has a hell of a club in SAFC with our heritage, infrastructure and fan base. Grow some balls and get us back where we belong and if he does he will do alright out of it.
I couldn't agree more
no youare confusing money with size. By size of club SAFC is big, but its not wealthy-as a club.
As for two billionaires on baord-its probably true in SAFCs case-but its alsdo true in Leicester and Southamptons case and in the case of several other championship clubs (stokes owner is worth three or four times KLDs worth)
It's a choice, if KLD wanted to invest 20 or 30 million quid into the squad he could, he's choosing not to

Are we OK with that - I'm not

Last edited:

The ignored uncomfortable truth is we don’t even break even!
Annual losses year on year
Constantly changing the management over the years has been extremely expensive. The debt has became a millstone around the club’s neck
That’s because our model can’t work outside the Premier League really.

So we have to get there. And in the short-term, that might…

I couldn't agree more

It's a choice, if KLD wanted to invest 20 or 30 million quid into the squad he could, he's choosing not to

Are we OK with that - I'm not
I am tbh.

We don’t need that much.

But when we sell a player like Stewart, I’d like it to be reinvested pretty much pound for pound.

And I’d like the teams needs to be addressed.

And I’d like managers to be able to bring their own people in and have total tactical freedom to pick who they want and how we play. Otherwise we won’t attract good ones.

Everything else is kind of fine, tbh. On the pitch.

Less said about off the pitch issues, the better. Is it too much to ask that the ground be maintained, the club shop work and ticketing is straightforward? Or that we don’t bend over backwards to accommodate Saudis even including quashing legitimate fan dissent and protest?

I don’t personally think so.

Yeah, and there are revenue streams through the commercial side of the business which he also chooses to not bother getting involved with and allow to perform terribly. Unless its supporting the mags when they visit like.
excatly..safc has been run poorly from a commercial perspetive for many many years..focus on fixing that and owner contribution can fall dramatically..
but fixing it wont makek up for the enormoity of the wealth the parachute clubs get

no youare confusing money with size. By size of club SAFC is big, but its not wealthy-as a club.
As for two billionaires on baord-its probably true in SAFCs case-but its alsdo true in Leicester and Southamptons case and in the case of several other championship clubs (stokes owner is worth three or four times KLDs worth)
I wrong again. Biggest ground cat 1 academy, biggest fan base, billionaire owners, we lack conviction to do what must be done, we're not crewe Alexander and until we're run that way we'll languish in the purgatory that is the 2nd tier of English football. Its already the longest spell outside the top flight and shows no signs pf ending anytime soon.

I wrong again. Biggest ground cat 1 academy, biggest fan base, billionaire owners, we lack conviction to do what must be done, we're not crewe Alexander and until we're run that way we'll languish in the purgatory that is the 2nd tier of English football. Its already the longest spell outside the top flight and shows no signs pf ending anytime soon.
lotf of teams in this division have billioanire owners...its not a unique or releant factors...in fact it must be close to a majority have billioanire owners and KLDs wealth might be closer to the middle of that pack than the top of it.

lotf of teams in this division have billioanire owners...its not a unique or releant factors...in fact it must be close to a majority have billioanire owners and KLDs wealth might be closer to the middle of that pack than the top of it.
Your post was about money. I showed we have it we dont wish to spend it. Everything else in my posts shows we're clearly the biggest club outside the prem and bigger than many playing there. We either get our fingers out or suffer the consequences

Your post was about money. I showed we have it we dont wish to spend it. Everything else in my posts shows we're clearly the biggest club outside the prem and bigger than many playing there. We either get our fingers out or suffer the consequences
SAFC dont have more money than many other clubs in the league...
The owners have outspnt most of the clubs in the league without parachute money..

HOWEVER...if they dont spend this january on a striker and DCM, when we know the have money from the transfer of stewart, so have room for that within the rules

SAFC dont have more money than many other clubs in the league...
The owners have outspnt most of the clubs in the league without parachute money..

HOWEVER...if they dont spend this january on a striker and DCM, when we know the have money from the transfer of stewart, so have room for that within the rules
That first statement is utter rubbish. You really need to read before you hit post.

We've had room in ffp for years, we won't spend.

Owners are allowed to gift the club money,are they not?..Loans are regulated but gifts are not!

A “gift” or injection of cash from the owner would extend the EFL threshold amount to acceptable losses to the upper threshold £13m over the last three year period.

So in very simplistically terms we could spend £13m over and above the profit and sustainability calculation.

Although that would have to be tempered by the £5.1m loss last accounting period published, in our league one promotion season. If we use that figure over the last three years we are already over the upper loss threshold for the EFL. That’s is also a very simplistic analysis mind!

Back