Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember 5 years ago our first game of the season was away at Anfield. Larsson scored a decent volley goal and all of a sudden we had replaced Henderson with a better player for free. That worked well :oops:

I won't be sucked in to this sheep, herd like mentality! It will go down as yet another SMB myth. I'm far too smart for that.

I would rather have PVA than Oviedo all day long. He was our second highest goal scorer in a team that doesn't score a lot of goals! Let's not rewrite history here and pretend he's anything other than a loss.

With sheep it's a flock mind

Edit : oops - didn't see the earlier reply

Last edited:

no idea how he can be blamed for the first and for the 2nd you saw two players doing exactly what you want them to do, lukaku is a big strong lad and he made sure oviedo could not get a tackle in, oviedo stuck with him and did not just dive in but went for the tackle as the trigger was being pulled, he got the block in and was unfortunate that the ball did not rebound and go clear.

i think he is a far better defender than PVA but looks frustrated at the lack of movement in front of him, i find it increasingly annoying that other teams seem able to pass with ease yet we struggle to find a team mate and most of the problem is that lack of movement.

The pass to Coleman was not really intended for him though. I'd blame Gibson for not tracking the scorer. In fact there were at least 3 occasions when Gibson lost his man at critical points - fortunately the other times it didn't lead to anything (Lukaku on both occasions I think). I intially blamed Oviedo for the second thinking Lukaka should never have been goal side of him in his own half. However, Oviedo had actually played a wayward pass as Lukaku tried to close him down then found himself out of position. A bit unlucky and one of the centre halves should have covered across for him as he was pushed further up. He was very unlucky his tackle led to the deflection over Pickford.

PVA is going to be playing PL football next season. Will Oviedo......we all hope so but I suspect not. Does anyone care who's the better full back? And obviously the vitriol against him is going to be high on here but PVA's goal on Sat was a massive moment for Palace. And say what you like about him he does chip in with goals.

PVA is going to be playing PL football next season. Will Oviedo......we all hope so but I suspect not. Does anyone care who's the better full back? And obviously the vitriol against him is going to be high on here but PVA's goal on Sat was a massive moment for Palace. And say what you like about him he does chip in with goals.
He's absolutely shite at defending :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back