Oviedo expected back tomorrow.

• Thread starter Deleted member 31333
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope he stays he is our second most talented player and a good influence. Don’t understand the hatred for high earners

Because many, including me, think he is an average player. I respect him for coming back and playing for us and not creating a fuss, but now i think we can play good football without him and if he left it would massively free up the wage bill.

I hope he stays he is our second most talented player and a good influence. Don’t understand the hatred for high earners
It’s not hatred as such when it comes to him because he has been professional to be fair to him.

It’s the fact that his wages are way too high for a 3rd division team to be paying so if him going frees up wages to be spent elsewhere he should move on.

We will definitely need a new LB if he were to leave though.

If we got promoted we could have afforded to keep him and add to the team probably.

I'd be interested in hearing Stewart Donald's take on how moving Oviedo on impacts on our transfer plans.

It seems the deal to pay off Catts hasn't helped us too much as we're paying him off over a longer period but if Brugge take Oviedo even on a free it removes his wages completely.

Not hatred just realisation that while we have them, they slow down the development of the squad ahead of a pivotal season in the history of the club; a season which really must result in promotion.

I'd be interested in hearing Stewart Donald's take on how moving Oviedo on impacts on our transfer plans.

It seems the deal to pay off Catts hasn't helped us too much as we're paying him off over a longer period but if Brugge take Oviedo even on a free it removes his wages completely.
£1.5m fee is been mentioned over here....

Why, if a players is criticised, does it become hatred on here, it's not, it's just opinion, and that's what a forum is for, people expressing their views.

we would probably have to pay him most of that to ake up for loss of wages..but that wouldnt be a bad outcome really..
How do you know that this would be required? You are not privy to the details of any transfer. It's just your opinion, just like it is my opinion that we don't have much money for transfers without selling someone for decent money for our level.

How do you know that this would be required? You are not privy to the details of any transfer. It's just your opinion, just like it is my opinion that we don't have much money for transfers without selling someone for decent money for our level.
well yes it is an opinion...npt a fact...thats why I put the word "probably" in my comment..to indicate not certainty but a belief based on previous practice..you didnt use such caveats...thats because you have an agenda and I do not...

Nowt to do with hating anyone, he doesn't provide value for money in our current position

Its football mate, hatred isn't word we should be using, leave language like that to them daft ***** up the road

He is a nice footballer, in the right side he may be an asset but I think he got off lightly several times last season because of his relative quality on the ball. Against Coventry he was every bit as culpable as the midfield and central defence who were roundly slated but many had him down as MoM because he had a couple of decent runs.
I think with five at the back he probably would be good for us but financially he's a liability and at best he's generally been average for us. We can get average for much less with the chance, if they're young enough, of them becoming better than average.
We will need another left back if he goes though, can't go into the season relying on Hume alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back