outer hebrides

Status
Not open for further replies.

GingerNick

Striker
I know theirs a few photographers on here that have probably been

so starting in oban, ferry to Barra, then onto the uists then over to harris and lewis then back to the mainland

really looking for recomendations of places to stay in the islands...cottages/self catering, B&B's or hotels

Hopefully the island doesn’t shutdown on a Sunday now and have moved with the times.
Barbecues and hanging washing on the line was a big no no when I was there ( a few years back )
Council even decided to chain the bairns swings up so they couldn’t be used on a Sunday.

But lovely place, amazing beaches and the butt of Lewis is a canny spot I’d imagine to get some frames.
Make sure ya syrup is firmly stuck down though it gets a tad windy.

@glen Have you ventured that far out?
Last year we stayed self catering on Harris. Not cheap but a lovely place, Isle of Harris luxury self catering accommodation - Blacksheep House from there we travelled around Harris and Lewis which were lovely. Got the ferry for a day trip to north and south Uist, but it was lashing down that day, so didn't see it in its best light

Hopefully the island doesn’t shutdown on a Sunday now and have moved with the times.
Barbecues and hanging washing on the line was a big no no when I was there ( a few years back )
Council even decided to chain the bairns swings up so they couldn’t be used on a Sunday.

But lovely place, amazing beaches and the butt of Lewis is a canny spot I’d imagine to get some frames.
Make sure ya syrup is firmly stuck down though it gets a tad windy.
Harris golf course still closes on a sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back