orrrrr man, i've done it again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got an email from Amazon to tell me the lens I bought last night has shipped.

I think I have a vague memory of looking at one...

Also, it seems I have a date next week with a woman from work that I'm friends with on FB. Can't wait until the Mrs finds out.

That's the spirit! What lens, and pics of ye date :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucky you didn't order from amateurcamerashop.co.uk They are still messing me about.

I won't use them again after the service I got after returning my sigma lens. Same as I wouldn't use lencarta again, horrendous company

I won't use them again after the service I got after returning my sigma lens. Same as I wouldn't use lencarta again, horrendous company

you need to tell me these things marra, what happened with lencarta?. HDEW and Clifton seem spot on FWIW, heard good things about Kerso aswell.

you need to tell me these things marra, what happened with lencarta?. HDEW and Clifton seem spot on FWIW, heard good things about Kerso aswell.

Well I've finally received my flash head today. No paper work, no instructions. Flash is working thankfully but their customer service, as you saw on that other forum is shocking. Most unprofessional company I've ever dealt with

Well I've finally received my flash head today. No paper work, no instructions. Flash is working thankfully but their customer service, as you saw on that other forum is shocking. Most unprofessional company I've ever dealt with

That's lencarta, got ya! Sorry mate you did tell me, and i did read his utter kak customer service. Noted.

I can vouch for HDEW. They were spot on when I bought my 5D III, which I haven't used yet :evil:

Interesting and its surprising to hear that. Ive used Lencarta several times for all my studio set up and always had a good service. I've not used their customer services as such as I normally just PM Gary Edwards on the talk photography forum if I have any issues and he's always been really helpful. I do get the impression that their operation is relatively small like but I like their products.

Interesting and its surprising to hear that. Ive used Lencarta several times for all my studio set up and always had a good service. I've not used their customer services as such as I normally just PM Gary Edwards on the talk photography forum if I have any issues and he's always been really helpful. I do get the impression that their operation is relatively small like but I like their products.
take a look at that thread from talk photography, it'll explain what happened to me. To this day I have not had any communication from them, no email saying it was on its way, no apology etc. Took a month to get an item that was showing in stock when I ordered, subsequently argued by Garry Edwards on a public forum.

If I thought it would make an ounce of difference I would have complained about his attitude but I get the impression its such a small company that his services are invaluable and it wouldn't make a difference.

What a disaster that Garry bloke is! Wouldn't touch them with yours. Disgusting customer service.
wish I'd stuck to my mantra of buy quality so you only buy once. This lencarta head feels really cheap, just down to the packaging etc. Bowens next time.

wish I'd stuck to my mantra of buy quality so you only buy once. This lencarta head feels really cheap, just down to the packaging etc. Bowens next time.

My mantra is copy off ye, so aye; buy quality. :)

When can I come see ye studio?

I can vouch for HDEW. They were spot on when I bought my 5D III, which I haven't used yet :evil:

Plenty of people vouch for Procamerashop but I am having trouble with them.

It's not a problem of their making as UPS have "lost" my parcel, but procamerashop seem to be unwilling to do anything about it.

UPS confirmed to me a week ago that the parcel went missing at Tamworth and even sent someone round at the beginning of this week to apologise and get me to sign a complaint form.

However, all I can get from procamerashop is they won't do anything until "the investigation is complete". So no refund, no replacement sent out and no fixed timescale for this investigation - and no response at all to my last 2 emails to them.

I fail to see why in the unlikely event that the parcel does turn up, they can't get UPS to redirect it back to them, or even trust me to reject the delivery.

Bottom line, they might be alright when things go smoothly but if you get a problem they are completely useless at dealing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back