Organ donation

I'm all for organ donation. Use whatever you want from me and feed the rest to the fkn seagulls. I don't care. But some do, especially religious folk, who believe their body was made in Gods image and shouldn't be messed with. Some Jehovahs Witnesses would rather die than receive a blood transfusion, and have done. They're within their rights to decline, and shouldn't be punished for it.
If a JW won't accept a blood transfusion they probably wouldn't want an entire organ putting in.

But you are avoiding the point. What religion would forbid an adherent from giving away an organ once they died, but would happily let them have a transplant? And which religion thought about late 20th century medicine when they were writing their central tenets hundreds or thousands of years ago?

But comes with a caveat that they'll be punished for it?
How will they be punished? Jehovas won't take or give organs so they are irrelevant to what we're talking about? If they have a change of heart and decide they want to receive one to prolong their life they obviously aren't sticking to that rule any longer and should be happy to repay the same kindness and donate once they're gone.

But you are avoiding the point. What religion would forbid an adherent from giving away an organ once they died, but would happily let them have a transplant? And which religion thought about late 20th century medicine when they were writing their central tenets hundreds or thousands of years ago?
Not avoiding any point. I'm not getting into a debate about some hypothetical religious persons beliefs. Everybody, regardless of religion, has the right to do what they want with their body without having to fear facing punishment for doing so.

There are religious and philosophical reasons why somebody might not want an organ donated. You don't punish people for that, and the NHS waiting list isn't based on social credit scores. This isn't China mate.
Surely then if those reasons mean they dont want to give , what changes religiously or philosophically that they would be willing to take?

Not avoiding any point. I'm not getting into a debate about some hypothetical religious persons beliefs. Everybody, regardless of religion, has the right to do what they want with their body without having to fear facing punishment for doing so.
What is the punishment? You've lost me. They either agree with organ donation or they don't.

I'm all for organ donation. Use whatever you want from me and feed the rest to the fkn seagulls. I don't care. But some do, especially religious folk, who believe their body was made in Gods image and shouldn't be messed with. Some Jehovahs Witnesses would rather die than receive a blood transfusion, and have done. They're within their rights to decline, and shouldn't be punished for it.
You haven't answered the question. I said why if you don't donate on your reasoning why should you receive?

Is there any upper age limit you can donate? I'm in my sixties and although I feel fit and well, my organs have been around a long time and probably aren't that great eg eyes need specs and have 'floaters'.

Is there any upper age limit you can donate? I'm in my sixties and although I feel fit and well, my organs have been around a long time and probably aren't that great eg eyes need specs and have 'floaters'.
No age limit to donating no, you could still save a life when you go.

You don't punish people for not wanting to desecrate their body after they die. They are within their rights. It's called Human Rights.
You think that's worse than the person lying around dying waiting for an organ whilst we throw organs in the dirt or burn them that could save their lives? That sounds a pretty bad punishment to me. You still haven't answered the question you've avoided the full thread BTW.

Back