Organ donation

mackem1989

Striker
Are you opted in or out?

I was out to be honest but now I’ve said take the lot when I’m gone if it helps that one person!

Someone close to us needed a heart and we were fortunate to get one. I met the family of the little child that had lost their life and donated their heart a family of heroes going through heartache broke my heart! But they seemed so strong and overjoyed they had helped someone!

What strong people!

Got me emotional like I won’t lie!

Any stories from being saved or saving others?

Opted in about 20 year ago. I was young and it felt like something that was so far away in terms of my death. Can’t see me changing it now.

Are you opted in or out?

I was out to be honest but now I’ve said take the lot when I’m gone if it helps that one person!

Someone close to us needed a heart and we were fortunate to get one. I met the family of the little child that had lost their life and donated their heart a family of heroes going through heartache broke my heart! But they seemed so strong and overjoyed they had helped someone!

What strong people!

Got me emotional like I won’t lie!

Any stories from being saved or saving others?
I've always been in, would never have crossed my mind not to be but everyone has their reasons.
I've seen a mate die whilst waiting for a heart transplant. There are so many factors at play so if I can increase the odds for someone, I will. What I hadn't appreciated that even if you get to the top of the list, you may not be well enough to receive a new heart. Then when you factor in compatibility etc, it's amazing that anyone gets one.

I'm going through the process/tests of donating a kidney now.
The Mrs needs one ( she's on dialysis) but tests show our blood groups aren't compatible. We're on whats called a "kidney sharing" scheme. Another couple somewhere in the UK may be a match, and the idea is I give one to them, and their partner gives on to my Mrs.
The next "run" of matching is in January....it's done every 3 months, so hopefully we get a match then.

I'm going through the process/tests of donating a kidney now.
The Mrs needs one ( she's on dialysis) but tests show our blood groups aren't compatible. We're on whats called a "kidney sharing" scheme. Another couple somewhere in the UK may be a match, and the idea is I give one to them, and their partner gives on to my Mrs.
The next "run" of matching is in January....it's done every 3 months, so hopefully we get a match then.
Good luck to you both mate and hope you get sorted , not in the best of health at minute so not even sure my kidneys would be any good. I had to go to dialysis as well every other day so know what your Mrs is going through but sending all love ❤️.

Back