Organ donation

Many of them would accept donations but refuse to donate themselves. It may be selfish, I agree, but they are within there rights to do so.
It MAYBE selfish??????? Have you ever had a family member on the list for an organ? I,d say not by your responses. Have you ever been the person who is asked at the worst possible time ( seconds after death ) for permission to use the organs of a loved one ? If you had i would guarantee you would have a change of heart in your responses on the subject. Bare in mind when asked for permission to use organs it didn,t enter my head for a split second to ask what religion the recipients were going to be or what their beliefs are . Its a gift of life, you don,t give to receive. You just hope that if one of yours ever needed one there,d be a similar response to the one you just gave.

It MAYBE selfish??????? Have you ever had a family member on the list for an organ? I,d say not by your responses. Have you ever been the person who is asked at the worst possible time ( seconds after death ) for permission to use the organs of a loved one ? If you had i would guarantee you would have a change of heart in your responses on the subject. Bare in mind when asked for permission to use organs it didn,t enter my head for a split second to ask what religion the recipients were going to be or what their beliefs are . Its a gift of life, you don,t give to receive. You just hope that if one of yours ever needed one there,d be a similar response to the one you just gave.
No, I said MAY BE, not MAYBE. There's a difference you illiterate flannel. :lol:

Should be mandatory, no excuses not to (unless you have a

The opt out system​

Now that the law has changed, it will be considered that you agree to become an organ donor when you die, if:
  • you are over 18;
  • you have not opted out;
  • you are not in an excluded group.

You still have a choice whether or not you want to become an organ donor, and can register or amend your decision at any time.
transmittable diseas

Last edited:
Did they not change it so that every one is opted in now anyway?

It's good idea, and always think it would be great for some part of you to live on once you're gone, and obviously you get to save a life. But there's always something in the back of my mind that doesn't 100% trust them. We've all seen the NHS scandals when they're trying to meet targets etc

No, I said MAY BE, not MAYBE. There's a difference you illiterate flannel. :lol:
Absolutely disgusting , if thats your way of making light of making complete arse of yourself i pity you. It would be appreciated if you no longer corresponded to me as you come across like a complete Prick Rick. Hope you and yours have a wonderful and healthy xmas and new year and are never in need of an illiterate flannels donation.

Did they not change it so that every one is opted in now anyway?

It's good idea, and always think it would be great for some part of you to live on once you're gone, and obviously you get to save a life. But there's always something in the back of my mind that doesn't 100% trust them. We've all seen the NHS scandals when they're trying to meet targets etc
You were doing really well for a moment there.

Are you opted in or out?

I was out to be honest but now I’ve said take the lot when I’m gone if it helps that one person!

Someone close to us needed a heart and we were fortunate to get one. I met the family of the little child that had lost their life and donated their heart a family of heroes going through heartache broke my heart! But they seemed so strong and overjoyed they had helped someone!

What strong people!

Got me emotional like I won’t lie!

Any stories from being saved or saving others?
I haven't opted in or out. I wouldn't mind if parts of my body are useful for others when I peg it.
Is there an age when your parts aren't wanted?

Last edited:
They can take what they want when I'm gone. If that means all my organs end up if jars in the name of research that's fine, if any of them help save someone's life then even better.

I also agree that those registered to donate should be prioritised over anyone who opts out (for any reason) should they require donations.

Back