Online Chess

Taught the bairn to play. Not that I'm any good, but he got the basics that way. I used to start without my queen to make it easier for him but between chess.com and playing his mates at school he's improving and I'm playing for draws half the time now.

My younger brother got right into it when he was a kid, I hadn't really played much since he got better than me all them years ago. It's like history repeating itself.

Haven’t played since I lost the regional schools final at Sunderland University when I was about 13. Some little scrote from Yarm moved his pieces when I went for a piss and ended the game with two black-squares bishops. All the invigilators wanted to go home and couldn’t be arsed to rematch it.

I’m not still bitter at all.

Love a game me, its not the same as OTB chess but great for a bit of fun

If you are trying the variants try Horde on Lichess, one player has just millions of pawns and the other has pieces, great for a laugh

Still not over being robbed of the school tournament by the winner playing the weakest players in the league and refusing to play me in the last game in a winner takes the title.

Even the teacher at the time admitted he'd won by playing the worst players.

Think the guy bottled it when I beat him 7 times in an hour the week before in practice :lol: :lol:

On the plus side, got to play a proper grand chess master during the time and got a draw against him, as we had time limits for matches of 45 minutes. He was very complimentary of my skills.

For the record, the reason I didnt win the title was due to having 1 draw in the 10 matches, where I managed to lose my queen, a knight, a bishop and a castle in the opening 5 minutes....spent the next 40 minutes dragging it out and trying to get the opponent so frustrated that he did something silly....he did, lost his queen by being too aggressive and I ended up getting out of the match with about 2 pawns, a castle and a bishop left.

But no, not bitter at all about finishing 2nd in the tournament :lol::lol:

Haven’t played since I lost the regional schools final at Sunderland University when I was about 13. Some little scrote from Yarm moved his pieces when I went for a piss and ended the game with two black-squares bishops. All the invigilators wanted to go home and couldn’t be arsed to rematch it.

I’m not still bitter at all.
Should have held it in tbh, lack of commitment.

I got the app and was addicted for a brief period. Found once I got to a certain level I’d have to become a full nerd to progress so stopped. When you come against people that can plan a few moves ahead and spot patterns it’s a different ball game

Same with most sports. You reach a level which you are good at then find the step up to the next level really hard and just get trashed.

I mostly play in the daily tournaments on chess.com as my brain doesn't work quick enough for the bullet and blitz games. I've been up to around 1600 rating but have slipped back to around 1450-1500

Same with most sports. You reach a level which you are good at then find the step up to the next level really hard and just get trashed.

I mostly play in the daily tournaments on chess.com as my brain doesn't work quick enough for the bullet and blitz games. I've been up to around 1600 rating but have slipped back to around 1450-1500
I played the 15 minute games whatever that is. I tried the 3 minute ones but it just made me question life. The way that Magnus bloke’s mind works is incredible.

I remember first learning that dodgy opening where you checkmate them in 3 moves or something, I forget the name, but it was like a mental orgasm catching someone with it

Back