One SAFC player from the past (in your lifetime) you'd put into todays team.

Yes. Dunno if you watched the game on Sunday, but Clarke played the ball across the goal a fair few times. I am sure if skp was playing, he'd have finished a couple.
Yeah I did but also saw Clarke running backwards and then sideways for 40 yards rather than passing it into the box.

I was saying I watched the game. :D
Are you sure? When did Clarke keep running backwards and sideways? He done it a couple of times, but I thought he was very direct on Sunday. Do you think goals only come from putting the ball in the box? Our goal come from Clarke switching it to the edge of the box

In my day, obviously apart from Quinn and Philiips... hmmmm... the most exciting Sunderland player I ever watched was Charlie Hurley, so I'd have to throw his name into the hat.

Kenwyne would be very effective for this team. Offensively and at defensive set pieces. He was probably a bit more mobile than Quinny. I mean I know he'd frustrate the life out of us with his languid style and could have days when he couldn't give a fuck. but he was.some by in his day.

I'd still rather have Sir Niall but Kenwyne deserves to be in the conversation.

Back