One SAFC player from the past (in your lifetime) you'd put into todays team.

It's quite sad seeing the names of some of the brilliant players we've had at this club of ours. I'm 61, I grew up watching us yo-yo between the top two divisions and I was there in the 3rd division watching the nutters sliding down the bank at Wigan. I saw Rowell, Elliot and Arnott come through and become legends.

The best years were the Reid years, I'd take pretty much any of those players in their prime. Quinn, Phillips, Sorensen, Shwartz, Rae, Summerbee, Nunez ...... Ok not Nunez but anyone from those sides at the turn of the century would make our side better. But if I only get one choice, how about Michael Gray? How would he and Clarke dominate that left wing, overlapping and destroying the right side of the oppositions defense. Could we change our game plan so that there would be someone there in the middle to mop up those glorious crosses?

Keep the names coming, it's a real trip down memory lane but it's bitter-sweet, in ten or twenty years there's only going to be Clarke who'd make a list of players who might improve us from today's team.

Julio.

We could be winning the Champions League every season with the best left side, and midfield in world football, and I'd still have him in the side.

Tough one. Torn between Rossco and SKP. Given how little support we give, probably Rossco because he had a bit of everything.

Back