One Hit Wonders At The BBC

Oh bloody hell it's Althea and Donna.

Uptown Rankin Ooh (that's the high-pitched little noise she made.) This is brilliant.
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, my childhood favourite. Big sister had to get me their records from that place opposite crowtree.
Someone once mistook my fella for Tom Petty. Must have been Tom Petty with a haircut cos his hair was cropped.

Last edited:
Going back 2 songs now, but I think that trio da da da performance is one of my favourite ever on top of the pops. Bizarre yet tremendous
Da da da. Just agreeing with you in German (except it's not should be ya ya ya)
You must be watching an hour behind us I think
Yep just on to 99 balloons now 😁

Everybody's probably gone to bed now and I'm still singing along.

Last edited:
I started watching this and then the pedantic thing reared its head and I had to switch it off.

A true one hit artist has success with a single and is never seen again - Like Nena - 99 Red Balloons.

But Bryan Adams is a major international artist and Tracey Chapman was very successful

I started watching this and then the pedantic thing reared its head and I had to switch it off.

A true one hit artist has success with a single and is never seen again - Like Nena - 99 Red Balloons.

But Bryan Adams is a major international artist and Tracey Chapman was very successful
Peter sardstedt followed up Where did you go to with top ten hit Frozen orange juice

Back