Once Upon a Time in Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time and time again, history repeats itself with depressingly predictable results. Why on earth do they keep making the same mistakes.

Patrick Cockburn`s book has a lot on the invasion of Iraq and is particularly scathing of the economic sanctions that did nothing to hurth those in power but devastated the ordinary Iraqi people. Well worth a read: The Age of Jihad: Islamic State and the Great War for the Middle East: Amazon.co.uk: Patrick Cockburn: 9781786630421: Books

Rory Stewart`s account of the aftermath of the invasion is quite compelling too: Occupational Hazards: My Time Governing in Iraq: Amazon.co.uk: Stewart, Rory: 9780330440509: Books
fruity rudys in it ?

him playing him self in generation kill
Is that the bloke with the beard and the tequila bottle??

Last edited:
That Sassaman was a bell end like. Kill loads of them....kill one of his and turns full on f***ing pyscho.
Well no energy and no water. First few months are key. If you take away everything people have then they have nothing to lose but their lives. It was hugely amateurish how they treat the civilians of Iraq. I really feel sorry for them how the Americans destroyed a good country.

Aye you can see why it turned to shite.
Go in smash the place up and then desert them.
Exactly that mate. They might as well have just have pulled that statue down and went home because they done absolutely fuck all after that but cause more trouble for normal Iraqis. Absolute disgraceful what they did.

That Sassaman was a bell end like. Kill loads of them....kill one of his and turns full on f***ing pyscho.

Held his hands up tbf. Said his actions pretty much made all those in the area he was responsible for anti America.
Exactly that mate. They might as well have just have pulled that statue down and went home because they done absolutely fuck all after that but cause more trouble for normal Iraqis. Absolute disgraceful what they did.

"All we want is electricity and to feel safe, you've left us with neither". Then the family crying after their kids were killed, screaming "What have you done!?"

All this at the time Bush is declaring mission accomplished.

Last edited:
Held his hands up tbf. Said his actions pretty much made all those in the area he was responsible for anti America.

"All we want is electricity and to feel safe, you've left us with neither". Then the family crying after their kids were killed, screaming "What have you done!?"

All this at the time Bush is declaring mission accomplished.
Shocking wasn’t it. I can remember at the time on tv it was never portrayed like that until they began fighting back. I used to follow it as it’s always fascinated me. That Sassaman was a f***ing twat. Punishment and retribution ffs it’s their country. Some of the stuff on this I didn’t know about

Time and time again, history repeats itself with depressingly predictable results. Why on earth do they keep making the same mistakes.

Patrick Cockburn`s book has a lot on the invasion of Iraq and is particularly scathing of the economic sanctions that did nothing to hurth those in power but devastated the ordinary Iraqi people. Well worth a read: The Age of Jihad: Islamic State and the Great War for the Middle East: Amazon.co.uk: Patrick Cockburn: 9781786630421: Books

Rory Stewart`s account of the aftermath of the invasion is quite compelling too: Occupational Hazards: My Time Governing in Iraq: Amazon.co.uk: Stewart, Rory: 9780330440509: Books

Is that the bloke with the beard and the tequila bottle??
Ye

Rolling stone had a journalist embedded with the recon marines as they led the invasion, he wrote an article and book which they later made into Generation Kill.

He's pretty legit tbh, well worth a watch if you haven't already seen it, kind of like band of brothers bet set in Iraq.

Ye

Rolling stone had a journalist embedded with the recon marines as they led the invasion, he wrote an article and book which they later made into Generation Kill.

He's pretty legit tbh, well worth a watch if you haven't already seen it, kind of like band of brothers bet set in Iraq.
I`m sure I bought the box set a few years ago and enjoyed it but can`t really remember much about it. Might have to give it another watch.

Watched another two this evening.

Nee wonder the poor fuckers hate America. Absolutely disgraceful. And clueless.

Loved Saddam. Still telling them to fuck themselves just before he dropped. Also told the American lad the wests leaders were shit bags and were opening a massive can of worms.

I watched that episode this morning. I believe Sassman was a good man, with good intentions but he obviously was a poor military man as he couldn't handle the loss of one colleague.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back