Once Upon a Time in Iraq

It was a choice between this and Beethoven last night. Pleased I watched it to be honest. As said, a couple of the interviewees are right characters but looking forward to the rest of it.

Rudy Reyes? Got a feeling he’s talking a fair bit shite. He was clearly mentally ill and dehumanised.
I'd like to know a little more to differentiate the truth from whatever bullshit there was though. Some of the things he was talking were extreme even if it was embellished. I expected him to go full on Hudson, from Aliens at one point though.

I loved the old Iraqi gent with that great handlebar moustache who had the major jones for Saddam though. The ending was a bit of a kicker with that poor Bedouin Arab though. Expecting it to get more depressing as we follow it through.

I'd like to know a little more to differentiate the truth from whatever bullshit there was though. Some of the things he was talking were extreme even if it was embellished. I expected him to go full on Hudson, from Aliens at one point though.

I loved the old Iraqi gent with that great handlebar moustache who had the major jones for Saddam though. The ending was a bit of a kicker with that poor Bedouin Arab though. Expecting it to get more depressing as we follow it through.
Yeah I’m gonna see if he’s making it up. Tbh it really wouldn’t surprise me if it’s true. The job they’re made to do they need to have absolutely no sentiment at all. He was like Mows says though a parody.

Hmm I was watching the Rupert Murdoch documentary and it was appears he instructed his puppet Mr Blair to go to war.

Rupert Murdoch documentary was both fascinating and slightly scary at ths same time.

Makes me want to know everything that goes on in government, but then again, maybe its better we dont know.

One of the best things Ive watched in a long time

Yeah I’m gonna see if he’s making it up. Tbh it really wouldn’t surprise me if it’s true. The job they’re made to do they need to have absolutely no sentiment at all. He was like Mows says though a parody.
I completely get where you are coming from but he reminds me of people who are really quite scary and unstable to be around.

Looks a handful to me.

I suspect Rudy Reyes is brutally traumatised from what he saw in First Recon’s race to Baghdad. He reminds me of a few young US Marines I saw in Afghanistan who’d been under fire for the vast majority of their time in-country; almost like they couldn’t quite compute that the rhetoric they‘d been fed wasn’t enough in the face of reality.

Their Veteran mental health problems dwarf our own.

Back