Olympic failures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Same as Wembley games, this whole "corporate allocation" should be stamped out and any company taking tickets that are not used should be fined and publicly embarrassed - when there is a perfectly legitimate demand for the tickets yet they are being wasted while the world watches.

If the tickets are not to be used then they should be sent back. Or a f***ing huge fine.

I like the idea of the 30 minute rule that has been mentioned. Whereby if the ticket isn't used 30 minutes after the start of the event then it goes on general sale to those within the Olympic park.

About time the Lottery stopped funding these failures. Every country that hosts the Olyimpics sees the home nations medal tally go up. Not in this country with the lottery funded prima donnas with the cash already banked.

I have to agree when it comes to the athletics. Most make a career being happy to qualify for the major championships

About time the Lottery stopped funding these failures. Every country that hosts the Olyimpics sees the home nations medal tally go up. Not in this country with the lottery funded prima donnas with the cash already banked.
I bet you slagged the Olympics coming here,the opening ceremony and just about everything else about it. Negative ****.

There's been interviews with athletes on Radio 2 on the way home.

If I heard correctly if the athlete or team aren't expected to achieve much then their funding is withdrawn.

So it's aimed at pushing the better athletes further.

consettsafc said:

You must be so lonely.

you can rev up and fuck off

Nee expert on these things but is it fair to see we overachieved in 2008 on the medal front

True. Which is why it was so daft to state our objective at 2012 was to match that achievement.

Would have been better off saying "we were lucky this time, enjoy it" and lowering expectations IMO.

True. Which is why it was so daft to state our objective at 2012 was to match that achievement.

Would have been better off saying "we were lucky this time, enjoy it" and lowering expectations IMO.

Can't really disagree with that. Double figures for golds would be doing perfectly well.

Absolutely. Well said that man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back