Olympic failures

Status
Not open for further replies.
We cannot do any better than we are to be honest. USA and China will always be ahead of us, but even those two giants are only doing twice as well as us when in the past its been 10 or 20 times better. 3rd in the medals table would be an unbelievable achievement for a country our size, even at home. 4th last time was amazing and it looks like we can beat that performance now.

we will soon drop down once teh track and field starts but we really are the bomb at rowing and cycling

If you look at the medals table, I am not so sure. The countries who could catch us are not exactly over endowed with great track and field athletes either. We still have more chances in the cycling and rowing and have a handful of boxers still going. We might even win the tennis!!!

We also have the favourite still to go in the outdoor womens swimming. She is one of the biggest favourites we had pre games.

The Fullwell Step said:
Agree, but still think Jess Ennis and Mo Farah will get Golds.

Farah will get 2 imo. Dai Greene should do too. Then there's the Equestrian stuff which we're absolutely pissing atm and maybe Beth Tweddle in the uneven bars. Murray is guaranteed gold or silver in the tennis anarl.

we will soon drop down once teh track and field starts but we reall;y are the bomb at rowing and cycling
Not really mate ennis, greene , mo farrah, oghurhu(cannit spell it) idowu off the top of me head all have great chance of gold.

I think we'll break the 20 golds mark and will be good enough for third russians not doing as well as they should at the minute who finished ahead of us in 3rd in beijing.

And we have loads of golds up for grabs in track cycling, a couple in sailing and a couple in equestrian.

Last edited:
Farah will get 2 imo. Dai Greene should do too. Then there's the Equestrian stuff which we're absolutely pissing atm and maybe Beth Tweddle in the uneven bars. Murray is guaranteed gold or silver in the tennis anarl.

Louis Smith has a good chance on the pommel horse as well plus the defending champion in one of the sprint canoe events and the sailing medals to come too.

Arkle said:
Louis Smith has a good chance on the pommel horse as well plus the defending champion in one of the sprint canoe events and the sailing medals to come too.

And we're odds on favourites in 3 of the track cycling events remaining, plus Shanaze Reade in the BMX. Plenty more golds to come imo, I reckon we'll beat the Beijing haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back