Old photo of the lads.

Don't work for me either 😒
Found it on the net took a screenshot but can't post it.
Cecil Irwin Stan King Charles Monty Len Ashurst Willie McPheat(I think) Jim McNab
Harry George Herd His nibs The mighty Atom and I think Jackie Overfield.

I knew all of them except Jackie, some of them very well indeed. I first met Charlie in my father's house in Dublin when I was about 16. Clough and Amby were bosom buddies in those days and I was involved in various dealing regularly.I particularly loved Sunday morning after a home game when I accompanied the two of them to the Barnes hotel and mainly listened to them discussing the game.Although I turned 80 last Oct one thing I remember with certainty, Clough was a tight fisted fecker, when it was his round he would take out his ten packet of Gold Leaf, offer them with his fingers covering them and say do you want one of these,yes I said if you would take your fingers out of the feckin way.
I was also at dances with Harry😀

Cecil Irwin Stan King Charles Monty Len Ashurst Willie McPheat(I think) Jim McNab

I knew all of them except Jackie, some of them very well indeed. I first met Charlie in my father's house in Dublin when I was about 16. Clough and Amby were bosom buddies in those days and I was involved in various dealing regularly.I particularly loved Sunday morning after a home game when I accompanied the two of them to the Barnes hotel and mainly listened to them discussing the game.Although I turned 80 last Oct one thing I remember with certainty, Clough was a tight fisted fecker, when it was his round he would take out his ten packet of Gold Leaf, offer them with his fingers covering them and say do you want one of these,yes I said if you would take your fingers out of the feckin way.
I was also at dances with Harry😀
Early 60s I was paper boy at Porters at the Barnes quite a few players lived in that area .Did Ambrose at some stage lodge at a hairdresser shop
In Grindon Terrace which is between Barnes and the Hospital/Chester’s ?
My sisters used go to the dances ,their favourite at the time was the Seaburn Hall .

Early 60s I was paper boy at Porters at the Barnes quite a few players lived in that area .Did Ambrose at some stage lodge at a hairdresser shop
In Grindon Terrace which is between Barnes and the Hospital/Chester’s ?
My sisters used go to the dances ,their favourite at the time was the Seaburn Hall .
When I was on baby sitting duties, which was often, Amby used to go to Porters to get me beer, fags and crisps. Tudor rings a bell.Don't know about the hairdresser him and Charlie lodged with quite a wealthy family by the name of Collinson before they got married.They lived on a private road.
Joan was gorgeous, never got to speak to her but she used to give me daggers looks in the stand and in Weatheralls. She didn't approve of my antics quite .Dancing was always done out of town:)
I used to go almost every weekend to either the Seaburn Hotel or the Marsden Grotto.
Amby had bought his own house in Holme Gardens,Harry lived on the main road just around the corner, Alexander Road, was it called? Clough lived in St Nicholas something,later Harry Hood used to go to mass not far away, what a lovely guy he was RIP

1 9 6 0 – 6 1
Back row – Montgomery, Murray, Richardson, Fogarty, Harvey, J O’Neill, Smith, Jones, Goodchild
Third row – Jones, Wright, McNab, Lawther, Pearce, Hurley, Wakeham, Wardle, Hird, Curtis
Second row – Watters, A O’Neill, McPheat, Taylor, Anderson, Topley, Maltby, Scott
Front row – Lewis, Potter, Borne, Dillon, Sharkey, Kiernan

should say that I wrote a book on the terams of SAFC together with Brian Leng (lovely bloke, lives in fulwell). We managed to get images from all the SAFC seasons bar:

1880 to 1882
WW1 - wasnt any taken
1941 to 1943 IIRC - WW2

Ironically there hasnt been a team photo taken this season, so if one doesnt materialise it will be the first time since WW2 that one hasnt been taken

Just found out that Brian Leng, a former work colleague, has died recently.
A lovely lad, mlf.

😀
Can you post pics yet? Or if you can't embed, post link to image host website?

Just found out that Brian Leng, a former work colleague, has died recently.
A lovely lad, mlf.
Aye he was a neighbour of mine…such a shame. Lovely fella Brian 😞

Blanchland / Shotley Avenue way iirc?
Bri's funeral is on Wednesday. The hearse taking him to the crem is going via the stadium where they are opening the big gates so that they can drive past the entrance.

Lovely touch

Back