Old Beano, Dandy and Oor Wullie annuals?

There's Oor Willie and Broons annuals from the 60s and 70s (that I had in pristine condition from my uncle as a kid) going for £50+ in Barter Books in Alnwick. Check what you've got before you give them away.

Take them to barter books in Alnwick
Any book shop would take them if In decent condition I'd imagine.
same here, got load of Beano and Victor annuals to clear out from late 60s onwards.
The Victor was tremendous, in fact all the DC Thomson comics had a magic about them. I've got loads tucked away.
I used to save the Commando story pocket size books
The dilemma for me was always do I keep this booklet intact or does that sporting hero, on the reverse of the covers, deserve a place on the bedroom wall 😂

Last edited:
Any book shop would take them if In decent condition I'd imagine.
The Victor was tremendous, in fact all the DC Thomson comics had a magic about them. I've got loads tucked away.

The dilemma for me was always do I keep this booklet intact or does that sporting hero, on the reverse of the covers, deserve a place on the bedroom wall 😂
Always kept them intact. I know what you mean though

They are still going strong I think the Commando brand

I've still got all my Beano, Dandy, Oor Wullie, Broons, Shiver and Shake, Whizzer and Chips, Beezer, Topper, Cor! and many other annuals from about 1970 to about 1988 stored in my parents loft. Never seen them in 25 years. Everyone keeps telling me to flog them but as I've had them that long I just can't part with them. Only found out a few years ago that my collection of Beano comics from late 70's/early 80's got slung in the neighbours bins. Took about 4 bins as well. Gutted. My brother who is four years older has all the 2000AD comics and annuals squirreled away. Still got Viz from about 1988 to 1995. Went a bit crap after that. Bought one of the Viz comics in the airport to read on the plane last year and its as tame as the Bunty. Woke shite.

Last edited:
My son got one about 10 years ago off his aunty
I said it's hilarious
We sat and read it
I didn't have a clue what they saying and it wasn't funny 😄

Help ma boab!

Barter Books has a canny stock of the Broons and Oor Wullie annuals. I still have a few from years ago. Prefer the Broons, apart from Hen. He looks like a twat.

Think there's some at me Maws house which will be years old. Some were mine, but I think some were my uncles. Used to love Oor Wullie as a kid but then grew into the Broons. Always hoped for a smutty edition with Maggie as a pinup.

Back years ago, I used to wait until just after Christmas then bought them at Joplings for half price. If I wanted anything from about 1978 or before, I would goto Durham book centre upstairs. Got loads there for about the same costs.

Back