Old Beano, Dandy and Oor Wullie annuals?

Broons and Oor Wullie every year but the new artist this year in the Broons is rank !
Back in the day any Makem living in London could only find a report of the Lads match by buying a copy of the Sunday Post because although it was a Scottish newspaper as it was the English edition it always carried a report of the games in the North East.

I used to buy my copy from the news stand outside Willesden Green tube station.The added bonus was that I could keep up with the adventures of the Broons and Oor Wullie.

We’ll have some of the Sunday post books in my dad’s garage/loft.

I have boxes of ‘football Europe’ magazines from the 1990s that I would try to sell.

Also quite a few pristine 2000AD graphic novels.
I've got loads of 2000ad in my parents loft, had them from issue 1 for years, not be in great nick like I hoyed them all in bin bags.
My brother had pretty much every one and kept them in mint condition, looked for them when he came back from uni couldn't find them. Asked me dad, well you are grown up now so I burned them
My dad did that with my last bmx which I got custom built and wasn't cheap, dismantled it and had it stored in his shed, went to rebuild it about 10 years back and it was gone.
He reckons it got burgled but it was in loads of bits nobody would have pinched it, still won't admit it 😂 would have been worth a few quid too.

Last edited:
We've had a bit of a clear out of stuff like that since our kids are grown up, but we kept a few cos they are too much of a connection with those times to be thrown away. One that I could never get rid of - not exactly Beano annual but connected with it - was the one and only Derek The Sheep annual. A true masterpiece.

Back