Ofsted report. Deary me

In 100% fairness , how the hell would Ofsted know if a kid was being radicalised ? I don't know how this works , do they sit kids down and interrogate them or what or are they just going off a few through away remarks/conversations they've over heard by kids !?

If it is the same as schools yes they sit down and chat about kids attitudes to issues like this.

Another reason not to vote labour council , they’re a shambles

And a corrupt one at that

Care to expand on this.

So how many radicalized idiots do you reckon have been allowed to flourish due to the council's ineptness?
I'll give you a clue. f***ing no one.
It's a headline about nothing.

There are a significant number of young people in this City who have been drawn to the far right and far right extremism. I know this for an absolute fact.

Last edited:
To be honest looking back, when we first started senior school in 1984 I’d never heard of the National front until the older kids told us about them.

At college when I was older there were a few Nazi wannabes and in a town with a large Asian population it was seen (wrongly) as a way of protecting yourself from hassle.

Im sure the Asian community argued exactly the same thing because of the large Nazi skinhead population ha ha ;)

Im sure the Asian community argued exactly the same thing because of the large Nazi skinhead population ha ha ;)
To their credit I found out when I was older that a lot of their dads took beatings when they first arrived in the U.K. and they were determined to stick up for themselves. A lot of it at that age is about belonging to a group but idiots on all ends of the spectrum take advantage of young adults.

To their credit I found out when I was older that a lot of their dads took beatings when they first arrived in the U.K. and they were determined to stick up for themselves. A lot of it at that age is about belonging to a group but idiots on all ends of the spectrum take advantage of young adults.

Deffo, "Paki bashing" was not just a construct of the movies unfortunately.....Lets be honest, if as Brits we moved to say Spain in numbers of a few hundred in a population of 200,000....Is it not likely we would group together in one area so that we were around people who we had things in common with? Would this not be even more likely if the locals had a sport of Brit bashing?

Deffo, "Paki bashing" was not just a construct of the movies unfortunately.....Lets be honest, if as Brits we moved to say Spain in numbers of a few hundred in a population of 200,000....Is it not likely we would group together in one area so that we were around people who we had things in common with? Would this not be even more likely if the locals had a sport of Brit bashing?
Yes good points. We’d radicalise into English skinheed nutters and smash the dago *****.

Sadly lads this is not radicalisation, it's stupidity, naivety,peer pressure, I'm not quite sure. The internet has changed absolutely everything , IMO it's unstoppable I'm afraid, too many fragile minds.

In 100% fairness , how the hell would Ofsted know if a kid was being radicalised ? I don't know how this works , do they sit kids down and interrogate them or what or are they just going off a few through away remarks/conversations they've over heard by kids !?
Erm. Am sure they said at risk. Surely you would if some one is at risk.

We have a 90% white population, around a dozen people arrested for plotting or carrying out murders against Muslims on these shores.

Less than 10% Muslim population and about 50 arrested for plotting or carrying out murders in the UK. Not to mention those waging war in Syria etc.

But the far right are the main problem?

We have a 90% white population, around a dozen people arrested for plotting or carrying out murders against Muslims on these shores.

Less than 10% Muslim population and about 50 arrested for plotting or carrying out murders in the UK. Not to mention those waging war in Syria etc.

But the far right are the main problem?
The far right has been seen as the problem since the sixties, it was associated with nazism because of its stance on Britain for the british, nazis were still high in most adults mind as they'd fought and died to destroy nazis in Europe, and therefore they and their views were to be feared and opposed. IMO they have a right to speak and hold a view, I needn't agree with it, but it's their right. Violence and intolerance breeds violence and intolerance and shouldn't be tolerated no matter where from.

Last edited:
What about them? They largely attend one school (Thornhill) although a significant number also attend St Anthonys (given their parents send them to a Catholic school I think we can assume they are not too worried about religious influence).....

If you are talking about an authority wide problem then you are not talking about one school, most Sunderland schools, particularly secondary have tiny numbers of muslim students, the City is 96,5% white British ffs.

Do you think it is a good idea to lump a large proportion of muslim kids into one school (as they have with Richard Avenue) or spread them evenly throughout the system to aid integration?

And far right indoctrination... what, like a Hitler youth?

Anyway getting back to the ofsted report.
I think the underlying issue is that the council try to deflect any source of criticism by sub contracting everything out. Often to "council owned/partnerships" or companies they "work closely with"

Through doing this at every level throughout the city not just the what's been highlighted in this report, it's everywhere. They are forgetting that's it is still thier own responsibility to make sure that everyone no matter colour or creed are expected to receive a standard level of.
Living
Education
Hygiene
Housing
Social care
Policing
Healthcare
Safety
To name a few, we know sub contracting/outsourcing is used across the uk but imo these companies are used by sc and there loyal band of followers as scapegoats.

When they do well it's WDSC
When they fail it's how can you blame the council ya f***ing idiot it's a private company!

Back