*** Official Ipswich Match Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably this but...

1. Steele - eh?
2. That central midfield - f***ing hell. Slow or what? Should be Gibson in for Cattermole.
Maybe, but Ruitter has looked no better than Steele did and I probably agree with Cattermole should be dropped, but both have been shite. Cattermole will give us more protection, so maybe away from home, not playing well, he wants to try keep us more compact.

bar Steele, you could say that is our most experienced side available and its the last throw of the dice

Managers can be forgiven if wacky selections work to prove him right but if we keep losing with lineups none of us would have chosen then he'll have to go.

I'm sorry to say but he seems to be flip flopping from one predictably bad lineup to another.

The squad is better than the lineups we are sending out.

Maybe, but Ruitter has looked no better than Steele did and I probably agree with Cattermole should be dropped, but both have been shite. Cattermole will give us more protection, so maybe away from home, not playing well, he wants to try keep us more compact.

Ruiter hasn't been great, but he had better chances to drop him than this. Thought Cardiff was his best league game for us...

Dropping keepers is different to dropping usual players. It's a confidence thing. You can't be chopping and changing them like this.

The Ruiter decision is just weird.

It is. I know we've had injuries but it's widely believed that a settled defence (including keeper) is a positive thing. Changing the keeper (when he's actually just had a decent enough game) seems like a change for changes sake. We're already changing defenders constantly (again I accept that's often due to injury but not always) and changing formation, maybe it'll be fresh and it'll work but I don't understand the keeper decision

No where near as bad as some are making out tbh and really should be competitive. That side should be doing better at this level. They need to start showing it asap.
Fully agreed but that’s why I’m starting to question Grayson. There’s not a chance we should be where we are, he’s not getting the best out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back