*** Official Ipswich Match Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

You would take 2 relegations to get better:lol:
Preston seem to be missing Grayson mind

No - I would take one relegation to get better, if that's what it will take to bring about long term improvement. That's where we are now - there's no quick fix. Any scenario that brings about steady, long term improvement would be a good one.

Preston are - I would imagine - still very grateful for the excellent job he did in putting their squad together on a shoestring, given the time to do it.

No - I would take one relegation to get better, if that's what it will take to bring about long term improvement. That's where we are now - there's no quick fix. Any scenario that brings about steady, long term improvement would be a good one.

Preston are - I would imagine - still very grateful for the excellent job he did in putting their squad together on a shoestring, given the time to do it.

Sure that will be confirmed by their "sacked in the morning" chants if they are ahead on Saturday!
You reckon his record was that good there or Short/Bain lowered their ambitions?
Preston North End[edit]
Simon Grayson was appointed manager of Preston North End on 18 February 2013[37] and went unbeaten in his first four games in charge.[citation needed] Grayson then went on to keep the club clear of relegation with four games to go. Once safety was confirmed after a 2–0 home win against Oldham Athletic on 9 April 2013, Grayson said that his first job had been completed.[citation needed]

In May 2014 Grayson lead Preston North End into the League One play off semi-final against Rotherham United. However, after drawing the first leg at Deepdale 1–1, North End lost the return leg 3–1 despite taking an early lead through Paul Gallagher.[citation needed]

Twelve months later, Grayson guided Preston back to the second tier of English football after being absent for 4 years with a victory over Swindon Town in the League One play-off final. It was their first success in the play-offs in ten attempts.[citation needed]

Oh right. Quality comeback to a reasonable question?

You've come on here to gloat so I'm not sure what sort of response you were expecting.

Stick with Grayson! Ffs.....:lol::oops:

We've only got him cos nobody else wanted the job you daft tit and now we're in an even worse position than we were then.

Can't believe there's still idiots out there who believe we can attract anyone better.

Grayson did a good job at pne, got the defence sorted, made us hard to beat and we had some decent strikers to get us wins at the other end of the pitch, but it was pretty dire to watch at times, not a lot of entertaining attacking football to watch, I think probably from what's going on at your place is the tools he's got to work with, as they say, you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear !

What did you expect to happen after a difficult away match midweek? We scored 2 goals which normally would get a points reward.
Really? Honestly ?

We made waghorn look like a mixture of Cruyff, maradona, Messi and Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back