Official I was here when we were s*** thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was there when Charlton popped in a last minute winner at Wembley to deny us promotion and consign us to our worst ever season as a football club

1956, first game with my elder brother (we still travel together) supervised by our dear Dad RIP. Allowed to travel in a group on the village bus from the age of 13. Couldn’t get a ticket in 1973, learned my lesson, had a season ticket from 1974 continually. Would love to see us win at Wembley at least once before.......

We're winning 1-0 so I might have already missed the boat... but i've been here for several waves of shitness

First relegation season was my first match. With the exception of 1973 it has been 63 years of mainly shite.
1956, first game with my elder brother (we still travel together) supervised by our dear Dad RIP. Allowed to travel in a group on the village bus from the age of 13. Couldn’t get a ticket in 1973, learned my lesson, had a season ticket from 1974 continually. Would love to see us win at Wembley at least once before.......
Beating me by 2 years!

Last edited:
I was here when we were shite for 60 minutes against Rotherham United. It didn't help matters. Nothing changed. It's now 2039 and we have been stuck in League 1 with Jack Ross at the helm for 21 years. If only that takeover hadn't been cancelled at the last moment. Oh well ... we can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back